1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Error Message:

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by CritiKiL, Oct 17, 2014.

1. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Server Error
    file_get_contents(http://api.bit.ly/shorten?version=2..._b99ecf43780571ec3ebc77e6c86d0af1&format=json): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. file_get_contents() in twittertopics/DataWriter/bitly.php at line 255
    3. bitly->getResult() in twittertopics/DataWriter/bitly.php at line 143
    4. bitly->shorten() in twittertopics/DataWriter/twittertopics.php at line 67
    5. twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save() in XfAddOns/BumpThread/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 28
    6. XfAddOns_BumpThread_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionBump() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
    7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/forumck/public_html/index.php at line 13

2. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

This happens whenever I try to BUMP, Post, Reply to any thread in 2 of 4 forum areas. It worked before but now 2 forums I have give me this error message and the other two work fine - how can I fix it?

3. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

It is most likely from an add-on, not a bug in XenForo. Disable your add-ons, namely the ones in the error message.

CritiKiL likes this.
  4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

BumpThread addon is causing this problem. You would need to contact the addon author.

CritiKiL likes this.
  5. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Okay but quick question: Why does the BumpThread addon work in the other topics forums I've created in xenforo community?

6. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Ok, I disabled the BumpThread addon, and then I got this:

The following error occurred:
    file_get_contents(http://api.bit.ly/shorten?version=2..._b99ecf43780571ec3ebc77e6c86d0af1&format=json): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. file_get_contents() in twittertopics/DataWriter/bitly.php at line 255
    3. bitly->getResult() in twittertopics/DataWriter/bitly.php at line 143
    4. bitly->shorten() in twittertopics/DataWriter/twittertopics.php at line 67
    5. twittertopics_DataWriter_twittertopics->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 1047
    6. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_saveDiscussionDataWriter() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line530
    7. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
    8. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 504
    9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in StopAllCaps/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 30
    10. StopAllCaps_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
    11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/forumck/public_html/index.php at line 13

7. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

To me, I cannot be something as simple as an addon because the other topics work fine.

8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I keep seeing something related to twittertopics/DataWriter. You got some add-on that deals with Twitter topics installed?

9. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

It's been soo long I remember what exactly I have but we are now back to the original server error (because I re-enabled BumpThread since it was not the cause of my issues).

10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

You need to check your add-ons for something to do with Twitter.... that may be causing a conflict - and a secondary conflict with the Bump Threads add-on.

CritiKiL likes this.
  11. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Ok thanks. I'll look into it in the morning - past bedtime now but I'll update ;-)

12. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Update: So this is what I did: I simpy just created 'new' forums and copied the permissions and etc to the errored forum, then hid the errored forum to delete it after I'm sure I have no more problems! I simply cannot be an addon error, if the other forums in the xenform are working IMO - Seems there's just some error with that forum itself. ;)