Server error loop after instalation add-on failed

VG_AzR

Hello, It's been two days now that I wanted to install an add-on, seeing that during instalation mistakes are made I decide to delete the add-on files from my FTP.

It is at this moment that I perceive that my site has become inaccessible. : http://prntscr.com/ofl3gr

I enter my phpmyadmin, colone xf_addon, and there I see a line of the add-on in question with staut as instalation I decide to delete this line.

In my database, xf_error_logs, I have more than 3000 errors. : http://prntscr.com/ofl3p5

I do not understand how errors can still happen knowing that there is no more file of the add-on on my FTP That in my database I deleted the line of the add-on being installed in the table: xf_addon.

What is the way to stop this loop of infinite error?

Cordially

You should not have deleted the files and absolutely not have deleted that database row.

You should have simply disabled all add-ons in the config file (see manual) and uninstalled the add-on.

Now I think you need support from Xenforo, so I would advise to start a ticket. Maybe you have to reinstall your site from scratch and restore a database backup.

In the event of a manually edited database, our advice would always be to restore from a known good backup taken just prior to installing the add-on.

Or contact the add-on author and ask them if they will assist with a query to restore the missing row.

@Brogan There is no alternative to manually modifying the database or restoring the low data with an earlier version?
PHPMYADMIN does it offer automatic backups? because I have no previous version ...
Is not it possible to reinstall the add-on via CMD and then clean it?

As the error seems to suggest that it is looking for specific files, the first thing to do is to re-upload the files of the add-on and ensure they are uploaded to the correct place.

That may, or may not, restore the ability to use the forum. If it does not then you may need to add the following to src/config.php:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

You might also want to temporarily add:
PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

As this may give you some more detailed errors.

Perform those three steps and then see if anything changes.

You appear to be using an older (and unsupported) version of XenForo and PHP 7.3 which is not compatible with that version of XenForo that you are using.

We recommend upgrading to XF 2.1 or downgrading to an earlier version of PHP (perhaps 7.2).

You appear to be using an older (and unsupported) version of XenForo and PHP 7.3 which is not compatible with that version of XenForo that you are using.

We recommend upgrading to XF 2.1 or downgrading to an earlier version of PHP (perhaps 7.2).

OH ! by opting for PHP 7.2 on my base URL I still have errors. So I tried my admin panel and this one is accessible I just disable all the add-on from my panel What can I do more now?

I activated the add-on UI.X and the previous screen error has disappeared. Now that the panel is OK, the site again accesible correctly how to uninstall the add-on whose installation did not succeed To start on a healthy basis

Well, I think that's the point where we should now tell you to contact the developers of the add-on for further support.

We can't really help with add-on specific issues and, of course, bear in mind you are using an unsupported version of XenForo so now you're up and running, I don't think we can provide much more help.

I still tried to re-install the add-on. The same error is produced, in my database my table: xf_addon I have the line of the add-on in question with this staut:

What does this cause if I change install: 2 to NULL?

Quite clearly this experience hasn't exactly been a learning one...

We do not ever recommend adjusting the database. If you are having difficulty installing the add-on then this is the point at which you definitely need to contact the author.

Top Bottom