• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Server Error Logs

This is like the 2nd day from vb migration to XenForo and I get this one twice

XenForo_Exception: A discussion insert was attempted without the required first message. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php:308

And This one which has repeated six times.

ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected end of file - library/XenCentral/vBCMSResourcesImporter/Import/vBCMS.php:913

Is there a place that can explain what these are for?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The first error would suggest there is some sort of corruption or missing data for conversations.
Specifically the first message is missing.

However, as you are using the xencentral add-on, which is what the second error relates to, it could be due to that.

The second error would suggest a corrupt file - specifically library/XenCentral/vBCMSResourcesImporter/Import/vBCMS.php

I would suggest uploading the file again and if the errors continue, contact the author of the add-on for support.

Ok thanks on the 2nd one I will contact.

On that first one does that mean maybe someone tried to start a conversation with out typing something in?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The first one we can't really draw any conclusions from without seeing the backtrace. It is almost certainly an issue caused by an add-on though.