XF 1.3 Server error logs out of memory

Mr Lucky

I have this

Code:
Fatal Error: Out of memory (allocated 12058624) (tried to allocate 7680 bytes)
Today at 12:06 AM - library/XenForo/Model/Forum.php:447
Delete...
Fatal Error: Out of memory (allocated 10485760) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes)
Today at 12:06 AM - library/XenForo/Locale.php:205
Delete...
Fatal Error: Out of memory (allocated 10485760) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes)
Today at 12:06 AM - library/XenForo/Locale.php:205
Delete...
Fatal Error: Out of memory (allocated 12058624) (tried to allocate 93 bytes)
Today at 12:06 AM - library/XenForo/Application.php:1125
Showing 4 of 4 items

In php.ini I have this:

memory_limit = 256M

Can anyone please help? Thanks

The amount of memory allocated there to PHP is around 10-11.5MB and it's running out when trying to allocate a very small additional amount.

Is it possible that all of your server's memory resources are being used by something else?

Is that an long-term existing setting or something you recently changed? If recently changed, did you restart your http server (and if you use it php processor - like php5-fpm)?

The amount of memory allocated there to PHP is around 10-11.5MB and it's running out when trying to allocate a very small additional amount.

Is it possible that all of your server's memory resources are being used by something else?

I don't know, I will ask the host. It has not happened again.

Is that an long-term existing setting or something you recently changed? If recently changed, did you restart your http server (and if you use it php processor - like php5-fpm)?

I recently changed it from 128M to 256M

I'm not sure what you mean by "restart your http server (and if you use it php processor - like php5-fpm)" NB:it's a shared server.

I don't know, I will ask the host. It has not happened again.
I recently changed it from 128M to 256M

I'm not sure what you mean by "restart your http server (and if you use it php processor - like php5-fpm)" NB:it's a shared server.

with nginx/php5-fpm frequently php.ini changes don't take effect until the PHP processor is restarted. If this is a a shared host then I'm leaning towards a hosting configuration issue.

with nginx/php5-fpm frequently php.ini changes don't take effect until the PHP processor is restarted. If this is a a shared host then I'm leaning towards a hosting configuration issue.

That's odd because my other site on the same host is a Wordpress site and I have a plugin on that which shows the current memory useage.

If I update that site's php.ini from 128M to 256M the plugin immediately changes from 27% memory useage to 54% so I presume the change is happening as soon as I edit the file.

But i will contact the host to see what they have to say.

That's odd because my other site on the same host is a Wordpress site and I have a plugin on that which shows the current memory useage.

If I update that site's php.ini from 128M to 256M the plugin immediately changes from 27% memory useage to 54% so I presume the change is happening as soon as I edit the file.

But i will contact the host to see what they have to say.
I've honestly not dealt with a shared host in so long that I'm not that familiar with them. It sounds like you you have the ability to define a custom php.ini file that it will recognize. Do you have any add-ons that are CACHE related and does it occur when all add-ons are disabled? Depending on how the server is configured - it may not be YOU that is exhausting the memory but someone else on the shared hosting server.

I've honestly not dealt with a shared host in so long that I'm not that familiar with them. It sounds like you you have the ability to define a custom php.ini file that it will recognize. Do you have any add-ons that are CACHE related and does it occur when all add-ons are disabled?

Well, it's only occurred this once, and I don't getb any member complaints so I'm not mega worried right now, more interested to know what is up so i can maybe trouble shot in case it recurs.

Depending on how the server is configured - it may not be YOU that is exhausting the memory but someone else on the shared hosting server.

Yes, again if it's only occasional and doesn't break my forum I'm not bothered, but would just like to know.

Yes, again if it's only occasional and doesn't break my forum I'm not bothered, but would just like to know.
Frequently on a shared host when YOU haven't changed anything it indicates they have had a core change on their server. Usually they warn about software updates/changes for this very reason.
The other possibility is the server has been overloaded OR they have a client that has some rampant process going that is consuming a large portion of the resources (and the fixing of this is usually automated but for that short period of time COULD impact your site in theory until their mechanism kicked in).

Top Bottom