Not a bug Server Error Log

Eagle

I'm constantly getting this error message

Code:
Zend_Feed_Exception: Invalid parameter: author array must include a "name" key with a non-empty string value - library/Zend/Feed/Writer/Entry.php:92

Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago

Stack Trace
#0 /home/site/domains/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/GlobalRss.php(54): Zend_Feed_Writer_Entry->addAuthor(Array)
#1 /home/site/domains/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_GlobalRss->renderRss()
#2 /home/site/domains/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Rss', Array, '')
#3 /home/site/domains/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, '', NULL)
#4 /home/site/domains/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#5 /home/site/domains/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "http://www.site.com/forums/-/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I'm not sure how this can happen. You have an empty username for a thread starter. It could be related to an add-on creating a thread with incorrect data, for example.

Can you rebuild thread information in the caches and confirm whether it still happens? If it comes back, I'd like to add-on created threads.

I've tried rebuild the thread informations but it did not solve the issue. However, I think I found the problem.

If user is deleted, then getting that error..

I can't reproduce this. The only way I could see it happening internally is if there's a user with an empty name, which generally shouldn't be possible.

However, an add-on could trigger this -- even an add-on that adds a column called "username" to a table like xf_forum. I'd try first to disable add-ons, though the issue may still persist if it's a column conflict. (If it's a conflict, the author would need to change the column name.)

Can anyone else produce this with a deleted user?

You said, "an add-on could trigger this" and that is correct. I'm using a 3rd party add-on in a few custom templates for a few different blocks.

Now problem solved, I've fixed it.

I'm sorry for this thread are not XenForo related. However I didn't know in the first place, I was not really sure enough.

Thanks again for everything..

Last edited:
You said, "an add-on could trigger this" and that is correct. I'm using a 3rd party add-on in a few custom templates for a few different blocks.

Now problem solved, I've fixed it.

I'm sorry for this thread are not XenForo related. However I didn't know in the first place, I was not really sure enough.

Thanks again for everything..

I have the same error. Which add-on did produce this in your case?

Actually I think I have it - I have users from years back with no username. This is clearly an issue with previous site software and carried forward in our migration to VBulletin.

Top Bottom