1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Server error log sending mail

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by gavpeds, Nov 23, 2013.

1. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Hi so i just sent an email to all users letting them know the new xf software was installed and got a server error log. Any help would be great!

Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Unable to send mail. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137
    Generated By: Gav, 23 minutes ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/window/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
    #1 /home/window/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #2 /home/window/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(993): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail))
    #3 /home/window/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(921): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->_sendEmail(Array, Array, Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail))
    #4 /home/window/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend()
    #5 /home/window/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #6 /home/window/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #7 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(60) "http://myforum.co.uk/admin.php?users/email-send"
    ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["users/email-send"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["page"] => string(2) "30"
    ["criteria"] => string(42) "{"user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"]}"
    ["total"] => string(4) "1646"
    ["from_name"] => string(31) "myforumname"
    ["from_email"] => string(31) "info@myforum.co.uk"
    ["email_title"] => string(12) "We are live!"
    ["email_format"] => string(4) "text"
    ["email_body"] => string(366) "Hey,

So the site software update is complete! It took longer than we thought but the site is now live so come and have a look around http://myforum.co.uk/ We still have a few things to sort behind the scenes but all should be working.

Please let me know if you have any problems or notice any error so i can sort them ASAP!

Have fun ;)

Gavin"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    }
    }

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Was it one person or a bunch of people?

That error just indicates that the mail system rejected the mail, but it doesn't give a reason why. If it's just one user, you can likely disregard it, but if it's a lot you definitely need to try to figure out what happened. There should be logs in your /var/log/maillog file, but you'd need to be root to read it (so if it's not a VPS, your host would have to help you).

3. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

It was all 1700 users. Oddly though I got the message so not sure how many others did.