XF 1.5 Server Error during import | The size of BLOB/TEXT data inserted in one transaction is greater...

JacquiiDesigns

Immediate assistance will be very much appreciated.
I'm in the middle of a vB4 => XF migration and have just received the following error:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : The size of BLOB/TEXT data inserted in one transaction is greater than 10% of redo log size. Increase the redo log size using innodb_log_file_size.

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1638
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1627
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1419
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 617
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1809
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importEditHistory() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2959
  10. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPostEditHistory() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 124
  11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 189
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 137
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/signs101/public_html/XENFORO/admin.php at line 13

I have absolutely no idea what this even means.
Trying to continue the import results in the same error. How on earth can I fix this issue and continue the import to completion?
I'll definitely appreciate all assistance. Thanks!

J.

You need to increase the listed option within MySQL. There's some more information here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...gure-mysql-5-6-longblob-for-large-binary-data
I've spent the last hour and a half researching and to be perfectly honest - Everything I've read, with the exception of a few helpful articles, have all read as if Greek to me. I barely speak English LOL. I was hoping to be able to resolve the issue myself in WHM - but haven't been able to do much of anything but twiddle my thumbs in frustration and the anxiety of having disappointed.

Thanks for your post Mike. Is there any way you could advise if increasing the listed option (innodb_log_file_size) can be done in WHM as opposed to accessing SSH?

J.

Hmmm. I've also read that a php.ini file could be added via ftp and that it would only affect the particular account that it's uploaded to.
Would you happen to know if I could adjust the innodb_log_file_size via such a method? If yes - Could you provide the needed code?
Thanks!

J.

You would need to edit my.cnf to make that work, its not something that can be done via WHM/Cpanel/PHP.

Be careful when changing the log filesize however, you will need to make sure MySQL is entirely shut down and performed a safe final write before changing the setting and restarting MySQL.

I would suggest getting your host to do it for you.

You would need to edit my.cnf to make that work, its not something that can be done via WHM/Cpanel/PHP.

Be careful when changing the log filesize however, you will need to make sure MySQL is entirely shut down and performed a safe final write before changing the setting and restarting MySQL.

I would suggest getting your host to do it for you.
Yep. That's what I was afraid of. So I've already advised to do just that.
It's just so frustrating. I didn't have this issue on my VPS and client has a dedicated server. It's an error I've never encountered doing vB to XF migrations before - so it's not something I expected to encounter. So frustrating as we planned the migration to be completed during off-peak hours of the early AM. Ugh.

Anyway. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

J.

Last edited:
Top Bottom