1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server 500 Error trying to view profiles

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by speedway, May 14, 2013.

1. speedway

speedway Well-Known Member

My site has been ticking along in its first 24 hours and 99.9% of things seem to work OK. One problem that is bugging me is when I got to view a members profile, or even my own profile, I get a server 500 error.

I have checked the error logs and nothing is appearing in there, I even have a tail -f statement to see what appears.

Any ideas anyone?

nginx server here BTW..

Cheers

2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Anything in your XF ACP error log?

Also, have you tried disabling all add-ons and/or switching to the default style?

3. speedway

Will look into and try all of that. Thanks for the pointers

4. speedway

Found the problem, it was actually logged in server errors. An errent addon was the cause, disabled it and all is well in Rome

CyclingTribe, Adam Howard and 14DH01 like this.
  5. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Care to share what add-on was causing the issue?

With 130 add-ons on my site.... I'm always open to hear what maybe lurking around the corner.

speedway likes this.
  6. speedway

It was the Profile Count add-on. To defend it I think the problem eventuated when I moved from test environment to live. I have had to reinstall a few add-ons due to this, I just missed this one.

p4guru and Adam Howard like this.