Lack of interest Separate Forum Home Title

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

John L.

Hi All,

This is a VERY SMALL addition to XenForo I would like to see made and it's quite easy to do this in the templates. But for those users who don't like to play around in templates this might be helpful.

In Basic Forum Options, I would like to see a new field for the Forum Home Title. This would essentially be a specific title for the main landing page of the forum installation. So if your Board Title (Name) is "My Forum" and your Forum Home Title is "My Forum - The Premier Forum for Everyone and Everything", you can set that. Good for adding a description of what your forum does and on every other page it still has the simple "Random Page Title | My Forum".

Does that make sense? Hope it does :).

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
[EDIT: To clarify, this suggestion is intended only for the forums home page - not all pages in the site]

I'm currently working on the promotion of my boards and would like to experiment with some longer HTML TITLE tag content, however the current Board Title content is also used on the homepage and other areas of the site, as well as in email communication.

For example, I might wish to experiment with my Geeks/Tech forum and have an much longer HTML <TITLE> tag value of: Geeks Chat Computer, Science and Technology Discussion Forums

But at the moment if I set that it will go into emails as - Geeks Chat Computer, Science and Technology Discussion Forums - which is a very long-winded and not practical at all, and stretch across the top of the forums list on the homepage (and quite possibly wrap if it's too long for that area).

I'd therefore like to suggest a separate Board Name field which can contain a shorter version for use in the visual site heading <H1> tag as well as go into emails, self-referencing site links, etc. - e.g.; Geeks Chat

Cheers,
Shaun :D

For your own personal use, why not just replace the title in the templates?

You can replace instances of {$xenOptions.boardTitle} with your own title.

For your own personal use, why not just replace the title in the templates?

You can replace instances of {$xenOptions.boardTitle} with your own title.

Yeah, I'm in the process of doing that now - but just had the idea so thought I'd post it. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Since I only wanted to change the title for the forums home page I've edited the PAGE_CONTAINER template and modified the title insert:

Code:
    <title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

... to ...

Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'forum_list'">
    <title>Geeks Chat Computer, Science and Technology Discussion Forums</title>
<xen:else />
    <title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>
</xen:if>

Top Bottom