Separate First Post From Replies

Xarcell

I'm wondering if there is a way to make the first post of a topic look different than it's replies. I'm fully capable of styling it and making it look how I want, unfortunately I do not know what edits need to be made in which templates to achieve this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I wanted to show you what I did with your code. I experimented and created a different layout for first post & replies. I may not stick with this layout you see here, but it's a start for me on making the post look like an article.

Thanks for you help. Gonna take a break and play a little BF3 Beta on 360. Let me know what you think.
Good start.
Curious if you end up making it the way you like it yet?

I was looking for a way to have an option for certain threads to display with a different first post (like a news thread).

I noticed that Post #8 in this thread details that template. Is there an addon out there (or in the plans) that will help with this?

I was looking for a way to have an option for certain threads to display with a different first post (like a news thread).

I noticed that Post #8 in this thread details that template. Is there an addon out there (or in the plans) that will help with this?
I tried that on a child theme of Flexile and it didn't work. I probably have to start from Jake code and not copy and paste the whole thing in #8

Good start.
Curious if you end up making it the way you like it yet?

Heck, I don't even remember what it looked like. I abandoned the project and didn't finish the code. I've been trying to do it with xenPorta, but can't quite figure it out, and no one answers my support questions. So I haven't done anything with it since.

I don't know why, but I try to use XenForo for my websites, but I always end up using something else. I really hate the TinyMCE editor, and the menu is almost a deal breaker for me. It's the worst menu I've used in a commercial(or free for that matter) software. It takes too much work to rework the menu for themes. I think that's why all xF themes sorta look the same, and always will because of it. I'd like to see less JavaScript and more CSS3 in menus.

I may come back to this, but I doubt I will have time.

Top Bottom