1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 SEO

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by albnaldo, May 17, 2015.

1. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

Hello all,

How can I change the meta description of the site board? Also, what is the link of the sitemap? I want to submit it to Google Webmaster Tools.

Also, do you have robots.txt file on your site? If yes, what do you recommend putting in there?

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

For the first: Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board Meta Description.

For the sitemap it is simply domain.com/sitemap.php.
    All you should need to enter is sitemap.php.

albnaldo likes this.
  3. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

Hi there, what about robots.txt?

4. Brogan

You need to create one - XenForo doesn't ship with one.

albnaldo likes this.
  5. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

Yes I know. But I want what to include in the robots.txt file. I have seen other posts by you suggesting what to insert in the file but those are 1 year old. Could you please share here a list of what is recommended to include in the robots.txt file?

6. Brogan

It depends on your site configuration and what you want to be indexed - there is no default setting.

This is ours: https://xenforo.com/robots.txt

7. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

When I insert sitemap.php after my domain, a zip file gets automatically downloaded. Why?

8. Brogan

The sitemap is generated dynamically by the sitemap.php file.

9. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

When I go to xenforo.com/sitemap.php I can see it online, whereas when I do the same on my site it automatically downloads a zip file.

10. Brogan