SEO To-Do List as of XF 2.1?

NealC

My site https://rvforums.com has been live over two weeks now and it seems Google is barely aware of it. The sitemap is being submitted per the Admin CP, today I realized there was no robots.txt so I just added one. What are other to-do items recommended by this community for a new XF site to be prepared at launch for the best possible SEO performance?

Personally, I'd say you board is waay too complex. You'e got dozens of forums with almost no content in them, less is often better.

I'd also try to reduce the size of the header, it's taking almst 50% of my laptop screen leaving only a fraction (about 1/3) of space for real content, especially as you also got ads in there.

You may want to re-think if you really want to show that notice on evey page. IMHO itdoesn't really help for SEO, it isn't really helpful for humans either as it is duplicate content and increases the noise ratio.

I'd consider hiding forums like
  • New Members Introduce Yourself
  • Patio Talk
  • Site Feedback, Suggestions, Questions, Problems
  • Test Zone
from Guests as such forums usually do not contain quality content.

And I would also disable guest access to member profiles for privacy reasaons as well as SEO for the same reasons as above - user profiles usually do not contain quality content related to the topic of your board.

Last edited:
Top Bottom