SEO (SEO2) [Deleted]

He has made a career change and he has said more than once that this is not a temporary thing.

As far as I know, @au lait has no plans to return to coding addons.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available.
The following reason was provided:
Due to health problems, support is no longer possible for the time being.

which post of his are you referring to? the one I read from him in this thread totally said otherwise.
he said it was temporary (for the time being) and that it was due to health issues (no mention of a career change)

If what you say is true it would be nice to source it.

Anyone find a replacement SEO add-on? Not an issue at the moment, but I guarantee this add-on will break with the next major update. Seems like a big gap that someone should fill for a popular add-on.

Currently it works without problems!
Should there be big problems after an XF update, everyone - who has an active license - will get a fix!:love:

But only if I'm made aware of the problem. I no longer follow the development of XF. An update will also not appear as fast as usual! This statement applies to this add-on!:love:

Currently it works without problems!
Should there be big problems after an XF update, everyone - who has an active license - will get a fix!:love:

But only if I'm made aware of the problem. I no longer follow the development of XF. An update will also not appear as fast as usual! This statement applies to this add-on!:love:
Thanks, that alleviates some of my concern. I still would prefer an add-on that is actively being actively developed. Any plan to transition support/development of the app to another developer?

I respect that decision but you really should rethink that. It would be in the customers best interest if you did let another developer continue supporting the addons.
Unfortunately, among those who are interested, there is none whom I believe to be capable of this...

Unfortunately, among those who are interested, there is none whom I believe to be capable of this...
i would like to take over of your addon (Watermark (STWM2), MultiLanguage Tool (STMLT2), Alphabetical pagination (ABP2) and
SEO (SEO2) addons please message me

Have you reached out to some well-known XF add-on developers? Seems a few may be up to the task and your add-ons are so powerful and uniquely differentiated from others that I would be shocked if someone wouldn't want to take at least some of them over. You would probably have to hand them off in groups to multiple developers to be honest. Long term, if you are looking to get out of the business of developing add-ons, it seems the only two feasible options are deep-six or transition them, so others can fill the demand for new features. Just keeping them alive on life support only prolongs the inevitable. This also doesn't address the demand for new purchases of existing add-ons. I have edited and tested plenty of XF add-on code and have developed professionally for 20+ years, so I'm sure I could figure out the rest. I would love to take over SEO2, but I know I wouldn't have the time required. I would be keen on keeping ST404 add-on alive if you do end up parceling them off and can't find an owner for it. Really hope you find a solution that works out for everyone, including you. Good luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom