SEO (SEO2) [Deleted]

Can this addon remove all no-index items from the sitemap? I only saw the option to for threads and resources. For example I don't want my user's profiles to be index, among various other things like the what's new pages, etc.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:

Oh @au lait, please recover soon. So sorry to hear this.

Just had one question. If it is only for the time being, then why delete the whole resource itself? Beta 5 is working out of the box for even 2.1, so not much changes were needed for the time being anyway, no? I hope it is not because this "time being" may never end if your health issue persists or for any other reason? Sorry to bother you when you are not well, and i know this is not the right time to ask, but was just curious to know about the future of this addon more clearly since you deleted it. Thanks in advance.

This is the type of event which makes me very wary of using any 3rd party AddOn. Here today, gone tomorrow. If its something small that you can get away without and it can be removed without leaving a mess, no major issue. But something like an SEO product... If you had to uninstall it because it was no longer supported, your ranking in Google would get killed when all of your urls changed. Like when vbSEO left everyone high and dry.

I understand health issues, but that doesn't change the impact to users. I was just about to buy this. Dodged a bullet.

@vicos

au lait is one of the few devs who is part of the community for years and his support is top notch. You could always rely on his support. Other devs take off time for months and don't fix their stuff whereas au lait always delivers fixes in a quickly manner. He also fulfills a lot of wishes from his customers.

I believe this is the first time I remember in 4+ years something like this happened. It must be something very important. Other devs still continue selling addons even though they are afk for months. On the other hand au lait did morally the right thing and disallowed buying his addons so nobody gets burned by it. That is A-class behaviour.

Yes, it sucks that this happened but we can just wait and hope he returns back with no health issues. His health has priority obviously. Get well soon.

This is the type of event which makes me very wary of using any 3rd party AddOn. Here today, gone tomorrow. If its something small that you can get away without and it can be removed without leaving a mess, no major issue. But something like an SEO product... If you had to uninstall it because it was no longer supported, your ranking in Google would get killed when all of your urls changed. Like when vbSEO left everyone high and dry.

I understand health issues, but that doesn't change the impact to users. I was just about to buy this. Dodged a bullet.
How compassionate of you.

It's customers like you which made me decide to stop developing.

This is not the time or the place to discuss anything like this. Beside being completly unappropriate. Just quit using addons, since most devs are a single person company and you´re good.

au lait would have never gone this way to quit support on his addons or to delete them for nonsense or a flew. I´m afraid that he has to deal with something really serious. This is what makes me worrying.

Get well friend. May you overcome what ails you. Another prayer of healing for au lait. When you get back, I want to buy from you. The SEO add-on and the Links Directory. Hang in there buddy!

Damned if he did, damned if he didn't.
It doesn't take long in this world to lose a reputation because someone didn't get instant support for a product they've purchased.
if au lait is not in a position to give that support he has done the right thing.

Wishing you a speedy recovery @au lait

Top Bottom