1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEO Defaults

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by IFeelYourPain13, Dec 19, 2011.

1. IFeelYourPain13

IFeelYourPain13 Active Member

SEO
    Use Full Friendly URLs, if I enable this, will it mess with any of my redirects from VBSEO?

When I enable it, it just redirects me to the homepage and wont let me click any links?

ADDTHIS
    1. Why is "Enable 'AddThis' Service, with Publisher ID" enabled by default?
    2. What does it do?
    3. And what will adding a publisher ID do for it?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It shouldn't. The redirects should continue to work.

When you click the # in the bottom right of a post it gives you "share" options which uses addthis:

Screen shot 2011-12-18 at 9.01.11 PM.png

The description says what the pubid does:

Screen shot 2011-12-18 at 9.07.09 PM.png

3. IFeelYourPain13

Ok so the pub id just give stats, and by being checked you can share posts.

Now what about the seo links? It keeps sending me to a white page saying it's not available when I turn it on, and go to a forum.

4. Jake Bunce

5. IFeelYourPain13

I did that, but still not working. It says I need mod_rewrite enabled, how do I know if this is enabled? I checked EasyApache, but it didn't tell me anything.

6. Jake Bunce

Your host can answer that. mod_rewrite must be installed on the server or friendly URLs won't work.

7. IFeelYourPain13

My host is a ... Well some words I can't express. Anytime I ask them, or want them to install something, they tell me it's a custom charge and I have to pay them $49 an hour... Stupid GoDaddy.

8. polle

polle Active Member

Can someone please share the URL with and without the "Use Full Friendly URLs" checked ?

To see the difference.

Thanks.

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The only difference is index.php isn't included with friendly URLs.

10. polle

polle Active Member

Thanks.

11. IFeelYourPain13

Ok so my host said it was, because if it wasn't the "RewriteEngine" in my htaccess wouldn't work, if this is the case, my seo advanced is not working. =[

EDIT: Ok it seems that it works, but on the homepage it redirects back to the homepage when I click a last post link, and my current redirects for vbseo don't work.

12. Jake Bunce

I can take a look if you are comfortable giving me FTP and admin access to your forum.

13. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

I have AddThis enabled and don'T see the plus sign you are referring to. I don't see AddThis anywhere ;-[

Thanks

14. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Click on the permalink for the post on the right hand side - #13 for yours above.

15. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

Got it Brogan, thanks! I was looking in the wrong place :(