Sendy Newsletter Generator [Deleted]

How does this addon sync emails of my registered Xenforo forum members with Sendy?

It doesn't. It requires another add-on. There is one here and another one from a person that is no longer aloud to distribute here that we use.

It doesn't. It requires another add-on. There is one here and another one from a person that is no longer aloud to distribute here that we use.
Then I am not sure how to do this?
How does one email the forum?

With that said, it is something I will consider adding. The add-on we use doesn't sync custom fields, which we want to add.

That would be great, because I am not sure how this is done?
When will this be added?

Thanks

Is it possible with this add on to automatically send out a newsletter of new threads posted and/or topics with new posts? Some of my forum users miss the daily digest that vB had and this could be a way around that. From the screen shots you seem to be able to choose on likes, replies and views along with a less than a day old may work, but it's not clear to me without buying if I could actually produce a daily digest of all the threads and or posts rather than one of most of them.
thanks

Still looking into this, but working it out from what am reading this is what's needed.
We need;
This add-on $50,
Nobita Sendy integration to be able to send to members? (is that right?) $20
sendy then $60.
Total $130 to send newsletters.

Still looking into this, but working it out from what am reading this is what's needed.
We need;
This add-on $50,
Nobita Sendy integration to be able to send to members? (is that right?) $20
sendy then $60.
Total $130 to send newsletters.

Wow. Very confusing. I would have expected a sync with Xenforo userbase. Now to find out there's $20 extra is extremely frustrating and probably should be added to the original add-on description! I definitely thought the add-on would automatically add users as per usergroup settings or some such. Very disappointed about this.

That being said @Brent W - I PMed you several days ago regarding a client who had purchased your old add-on. I've received no response and am wondering if you are still offering the free license for past purchasers!

I also wonder if you or other members can share their newsletters' custom html.

This add-on seems great on the surface - but is very confusing to configure. It would be nice if you could create a step-by-step guide on creating such newsletters as the ones you linked to in the original description. Is it possible?

Thanks,

J.

Also... Are the newsletters supposed to be created from the Sendy interface or via the XF AdminCP?
I'm so confused by this add-on - especially knowing that there's no way to automatically subscribe usergroups to the mailing list!

I also need instruction on how to actually create the newsletter templates and such.

J.

Wow. Very confusing. I would have expected a sync with Xenforo userbase. Now to find out there's $20 extra is extremely frustrating and probably should be added to the original add-on description! I definitely thought the add-on would automatically add users as per usergroup settings or some such. Very disappointed about this.

Can you please point out the specific part of this add-ons title, description or any other place that gives this impression?

That being said @Brent W - I PMed you several days ago regarding a client who had purchased your old add-on. I've received no response and am wondering if you are still offering the free license for past purchasers!

Yes, I will recheck the message.

I also wonder if you or other members can share their newsletters' custom html.

I don't do anything custom. What I use is what you download when you buy this. Others may have modified though.

This add-on seems great on the surface - but is very confusing to configure. It would be nice if you could create a step-by-step guide on creating such newsletters as the ones you linked to in the original description. Is it possible?

What is confusing about it? It generates an html newsletter of popular threads. You then take the HTML source and put it in Sendy.co and send it out.

Maybe I can clear up some of the description somewhere but you and maybe one other person have mentioned it being confusing.

Can you please point out the specific part of this add-ons title, description or any other place that gives this impression?
I believe your previous add-on had such functionality. It just makes sense that if you purchase a newsletter add-on that you would be able to easily auto-subscribe the usergroup(s) of your choice. It was an assumption I made that obviously isn't a reality. It would be nice if it were though. I mean ... $120 total for your add-on, Sendy and now I find out Nobita's add-on should be used in conjuction with the other two. It's really confusing that Nobita's add-on functionality is not part of your package. It would be nice if it were.

Yes, I will recheck the message.
Thanks!

I don't do anything custom. What I use is what you download when you buy this. Others may have modified though.

What is confusing about it? It generates an html newsletter of popular threads. You then take the HTML source and put it in Sendy.co and send it out.
I'm not familiar with Sendy and I don't see a way to even test the sending of the newsletter. On Sendy AdminCP there's only a blank space for adding html to a new campaign, with the option of adding custom template. So I'm rather confused about that, as well as creating the newsletter with popular threads and such. I don't see a send button and no way to manually add users.

It's just rather confusing. I'll appreciate any suggestions you have so I can create newsletter, test send to the admins usergroup...

Maybe I can clear up some of the description somewhere but you and maybe one other person have mentioned it being confusing.
That would be great - especially considering the $120 price for newsletter functionality.
Thanks,

J.

I believe your previous add-on had such functionality.

It didn't.

$120 total for your add-on

It is only $50 dollars for my add-on. I'm not understanding where you are getting $120 for my add-on from. If you want an add-on that generates a nice HTML template of your popular topics then that is what you pay $50 for. If you want to create your own template then you still need to purchase Sendy.co to send them out or use some other means.

If you want to auto subscribe to Sendy.co there are already two add-ons that do that which is why I did not add it to mine. I already use one of the other add-ons that does that.
I'm not familiar with Sendy and I don't see a way to even test the sending of the newsletter.

This is the problem then. All this add-on does is generate a nice HTML template for you to use in Sendy.co. This add-on only does that. It provides you with the HTML code of the newsletter that you then send out in an email. How you send it out in an email is up to you but this add-on is designed specifically to use certain Sendy.co syntax that will not look right if sent through another means.

Ugh! I *believe* I'm thinking of the Inactive Members add-on as for usergroup integration... I'm not sure - but I had something installed at one point that had such functionality...

As for pricing - I won't gripe...much LOL. I'm just not particularly happy to tell my client that he would need to purchase Nobita's add-on for member and/or usergroup integration. Please advise on which add-on to use for integrating and/or auto-subscribing the XF userbase to the Sendy newsletter.

And thanks again for the explanation regarding the generation of html code to be used with Sendy. I was thinking there would be an option to send the generated html to users through the XF AdminCP. Interesting process....

Now my question is (and forgive it's a stupid one) can the Sendy email be sent automatically? Or does it require generation of code manually?

Thanks,

J.

Top Bottom