1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Send "Resource" to a friend

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by erich37, Mar 31, 2013.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

RM-Suggestion:

Send Resource to a friend / Friend Invitation Viral Marketing:

For example if you have a "Resource" in the RM-Manager, then you could "send" this "Resource-File" (e.g. a .pdf-File) to a friend.​

Well, you do actually NOT send the File itself via E-mail, but you just send a specific "Link-URL" to your friend.​

The friend then needs to register at the website, in order to "view" or "Download" the Resource-File at the website via this specific Link-URL.​
    It is exciting because every user will WANT to register in order to see the File which his friend has sent to him.​

human psychology works like this:​
    if a friend sends you an image or a file, then you want to see this image or file.... and therefore you will register at the website.... and probably also start to use this website.​

Think about Megaupload.com , they had the same viral-marketing strategy:​

You could NOT send a big file via E-mail to your friend. So what to do ?​
    You uploaded this big file to Megaupload.​
    Then you (or the system) just send a specific Link-URL to your friend.​
    Then your friend could go to Megaupload and download this big file via access to a specific Link-URL.​

It is a very old, but free and viral internet-marketing-concept.​

Related Suggestion:​

:)

2. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

3. erich37

Ever heard of "Viral Marketing" ? :rolleyes:

Do you think an average user will copy and paste that Link, enter it into an Email and send it to a friend ?

4. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

When "friends" email me junk like that to my personal email I delete it without clicking any links.

Jeremy likes this.
  5. erich37

not sure what you mean with "junk like that" ? :rolleyes:

6. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

It is pretty self explanatory.