XF 2.0 Send Mail Issue

Olli2k

Hi,

I have got some problems with my XF 2.0 sending mails. It is installed on my own root server and I had never any problems with sending mails or being blocked by mail providers.

I have 3 examples, which are really strange to me:

1. Gmail
User of mine was not able to receive mails which were send by admin interface (options for send mail only to user which accept mails was checked twice). We did several test and non of them arrived. But on the other hand, he was able to reset his password by mail Forget password mail arrived within the moment clicking on the send button in forum.
So I changed my mail to my google mail one in a test account. Awaiting mail confirmation message is still on main screen for this account, even after clicking the resend button a lot of times. So I checked send mail via admin cp. Mail arrives within one second on my gmail post box.

We both checked spam folder a couple of times, with no result. Server config is good, same for mx lookup. Tested also my old vB4 installtion for these user, without any problem. Also tested it with different outgoing mails for my XF.

2. GMX
Same behaviour as for Gmail.

Any hints?

Thx for the hint.
But it was something else:
Code:
relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2a00:1450:400c:c0c::1a]:25, delay=0.62, delays=0.04/0.01/0.18/0.38, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2a00:1450:400c:c0c::1a] said: 550-5.7.1 [xxxx:xxx:xxx:xxxx::x] Our system has detected that this message does 550-5.7.1 not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR records and 550-5.7.1 authentication. Please review 550-5.7.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=IPv6AuthError for more information 550 5.7.1 . f10-v6si17661538wro.14 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))

So there are 2 possible solutions:
1. Disable IPv6 for postfix

2. make your system IPv6 ready.
Important thing here is that there is a working reverse DNS entry for your mails. This includes IPv6 DNS records for your mail domain and of course this domain must be reachable via IPv6 lookup.
I can recommend this tool for checkup your reverse dns domain: https://network-tools.webwiz.net/ip-information.htm
When result is verified, Google and GMX will work.

(Post just in case, it will help someone)

Top Bottom