Selling XenForo products on Themeforest & Codecanyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional places to advertise and sell our products can only be a benefit, but the main focus should remain on bringing people back to the Resource Manager here (where feasible) for support, update notifications etc.

All I know is, as a customer, I use this website, the service is good, the website is easy to use, so I like it. If XenForo developpers want to go on it, that can be an easy way for them to sell their addons. It must have some fees, so it' s up to the developper to decide to go on it or not. But it's a good idea.

Last time I checked they take a decent chunk of your sale. Which is ok when you sell a wordpress theme 40,000 times but when your pay rate is 33% because the items are non exclusive, that's crazy talk to me.

With that said, I do like the sites I've bought a few things off them.

I'd have to think very carefully if they take that much of a revenue share. And I'd never exclusively sell anything there.

So @Chris D selling around 5 of his XMG licenses would net him ~ $168 as opposed to getting all of the $335 from here...

Doesn't make sense. Considering the fact users have to come here to get the xF license in the first place. You'd have to sell MASSIVE amounts in my opinion.

(Doesn't matter to me either way, I like that site... haha.)

So @Chris D selling around 5 of his XMG licenses would net him ~ $168 as opposed to getting all of the $335 from here...

Doesn't make sense. Considering the fact users have to come here to get the xF license in the first place. You'd have to sell MASSIVE amounts in my opinion.

(Doesn't matter to me either way, I like that site... haha.)
Actully it's worse than that. You dont get to set your item prices on any of the envato marketplaces. They will set the price, and adjust it every couple of months (i.e lower it as it starts getting fewer sales).

IMO Themeforest is great site wordpress or html-only exclusive designers, but for something as niche as forum designs you're not going to make any decent amount to make it worthwhile.

I've got a few items on their marketplaces and they made a fair amount for the first month or two, once they got burried a few pages down they made very little. Plus only getting 50% is pretty crap. Their rates are way too high for what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom