1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling a forum

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Mr Lucky, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Can anyone give me some tips on finding out the value of a forum before you put it up for sale.

I'm aware of site valuing sites such as http://www.siteprice.org but 'm not sure I trust those.

Or would you just auction it or what?

2. James

James Well-Known Member

Have you got anything to suggest a value? Adsense revenue? Subscriptions being bought by members? Affiliates?

3. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Forum monthly revenue x 12 = Good Site Value

4. Mr Lucky

Surely that might be the annual site value?

But then if I am not monetizing to it's full potential, what the current revenue is would not have a realistic bearing on its actual value.

5. James

James Well-Known Member

Why are you not monetizing it to its potential? Do you want to sell to a corporation who's going to fill it with ads and ruin usability?

6. Mr Lucky

Mostly because I don't have the time, it's more of a hobby and fun (or was fun) for me so that was never a priority.

7. jellytoe

jellytoe Member

My research says it's very dependent on your niche, market of buyers, and your time online.

Worthofweb.com has a calculator but this could be significantly more or less.

8. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

I buy forums as well....