Lack of interest Self-Reference in Conversations "With"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Aivaras

In the Conversations Inbox drop-down menu, the adverb "With:" is followed by the user names of the participants of the conversation including the receiver of the notification.

The meaning is akward, to say the least, as one is not having a conversation with himself/herself. The participant to whom the notification is being addressed should not be included in the list of "conversation with."

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's easily "fixable" that I don't think a global change is needed, personally. In this case, at least from how I see it, it's not being used to say you're having a conversation with those people, but rather who's in the conversation.

On KH-Flare, I've changed it to use the {xen:phrase participants} phrase instead of the {xen:phrase with_people} phrase. In addition, I added the phrase to the conversion list, which doesn't have it by default, and removed it from the Inbox dropdown just for more space, which does have it by default.

Top Bottom