Resource icon

Self Moderated Threads 1.0.0

No permission to download

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Self Moderated Threads - Allows user to moderate their own threads!

This resource allows your users to create 'self moderated' threads.

These users can then control the replies on these 'self moderated' threads based on node permissions that the administrator can set.

There is a notice at the top of a self moderated thread.
upload_2014-6-24_20-45-42-png.156
upload_2014-6-24_20-46-6-png.157

upload_2014-6-24_20-46-42-png.158

Read more about this resource...

Is it possible to add thread moderator in existing threads?

Not currently, due to the fact that there is no thread edit UI for normal users. I'm looking into it.

You can edit the field in the database however.

2 suggestions.

1. Don't allow to hard delete.
2. Don't allow to alter Post from Mod/Admin

Beside these 2 things it is a nice addon.

Great mod but so many adjustments need to be made. I'd pay a fee for this.

1. Don't allow to hard delete.
2. Don't allow to alter Post from Mod/Admin
3. Set which usergroups can use this mod

May have our developers work on this unless you can update this @Liam W

Great mod but so many adjustments need to be made. I'd pay a fee for this.

1. Don't allow to hard delete. I didn't think they could. I'll have to double check this - it's a bug if they can.
2. Don't allow to alter Post from Mod/Admin So, have a staff members post never modifiable in a self moderated thread by the author? This makes sense...
3. Set which usergroups can use this mod This is already the case. There are a bunch of usergroup permissions...

May have our developers work on this unless you can update this @Liam W

By the way Liam W, is this for 1.4 or 1.5? It only says 1.2 and 1.3. I assume though it can be used for 1.4 and 1.5.

@Liam W do you have some screens here. I think I'm mossing something. Using 1.3 for testing so it should be working.

Usergroup Permissions Set - Check
Mod Installed Properly - Check

There must be something I'm missing because the options don't appear for the OP to be able to edit the thread when someone replies.

You mentioned this:

These users can then control the replies on these 'self moderated' threads based on node permissions that the administrator can set.

This is maybe what I'm missing. I can't find any node permissions in the "Options" section or a different part inside the Admin CP. I assume you covered this in the screenshots but they don't appear.

I really really want to use this mod @Liam W. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I managed to backtrack to the date you posted this thread, found the images

mod1.png

mod2.png

mod3.png

Last edited:
The first 2 images I am missing. The user group permissions I can see. I assume this part is what I'm missing

There is no instructions in the download so stuck right now.

Just to confirm
  • The images above aren't visible in the thread of the OP when logged into that specific user
  • The images above aren't visible in the thread of the OP when logged into the admin
  • User Group Permissions and User Permissions have been set
  • The thread created is new, not an old one per the instructions above
  • Can't find any settings in the "Options" inside Admin CP
  • Can't find any settings inside the "Nodes" inside Admin CP
Stuck at the moment.

hmm it doesn't seem like this add-on is supported anymore... i will try it anyways

Is there any other add-on similar to this? i can't find any

This would be an excellent feature to have on all forums, i would love to self-moderate my threads,

so many annoying people i would want to ban and delete them from all my threads

Last edited:
hahahah this add-on is cool, i just tested it on 1.5

the person who owns the thread can even delete the administrator's post or anyone, he is the big boss!

i will use this add-on on my forum

1. Thread Test.webp

2. 2.webp

3. 3.webp

4. Capture.webp

this will cause fights in the forum, it will be fun

tank you liam sir!!

Last edited:
When installing, I got this error:

file_put_contents(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.3,L.1,account_following.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_put_contents() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 95
  3. XenForo_Template_FileHandler->_saveTemplate() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 50
  4. XenForo_Template_FileHandler::save() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1694
  5. XenForo_Model_Template->_insertCompiledTemplateRecord() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1469
  6. XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1328
  7. XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1267
  8. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/Deferred/Template.php at line 36
  9. XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
  10. XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 256
  11. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 390
  12. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 335
  13. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13
But the add-on appeared to install. I went in and set up a secondary user group to use it. However, it's not working for that group (or anyone) yet. I have permissions checked for:

Can self moderate thread:
Can delete reply:

What am I missing? I don't want to give the main user group permission — just the secondary. Thanks.

Hi,

Its been a while since I looked into this add-on. I'll take a look into the posted issues and get back to you.

Liam

Top Bottom