1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Moderated Threads 1.0.0

Allows user to moderate their own threads!

1. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Liam W submitted a new resource:

Self Moderated Threads - Allows user to moderate their own threads!

Read more about this resource...
    51463 likes this.
  2. Vlady

Vlady Member

Is it possible to add thread moderator in existing threads?
  3. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Not currently, due to the fact that there is no thread edit UI for normal users. I'm looking into it.

You can edit the field in the database however.
  4. Vlady

Vlady Member

ok, thank you!
  5. teletubbi

teletubbi Active Member

2 suggestions.

1. Don't allow to hard delete.
    2. Don't allow to alter Post from Mod/Admin

Beside these 2 things it is a nice addon.
  6. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Links to screenshots are broken
    Kintaro likes this.
  7. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

8. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Great mod but so many adjustments need to be made. I'd pay a fee for this.

1. Don't allow to hard delete.
    2. Don't allow to alter Post from Mod/Admin
    3. Set which usergroups can use this mod

May have our developers work on this unless you can update this @Liam W
    Liam W and Kintaro like this.
  9. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Wesker likes this.
  10. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

By the way Liam W, is this for 1.4 or 1.5? It only says 1.2 and 1.3. I assume though it can be used for 1.4 and 1.5.
  11. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

@Liam W do you have some screens here. I think I'm mossing something. Using 1.3 for testing so it should be working.

Usergroup Permissions Set - Check
    Mod Installed Properly - Check

There must be something I'm missing because the options don't appear for the OP to be able to edit the thread when someone replies.

You mentioned this:

These users can then control the replies on these 'self moderated' threads based on node permissions that the administrator can set.

This is maybe what I'm missing. I can't find any node permissions in the "Options" section or a different part inside the Admin CP. I assume you covered this in the screenshots but they don't appear.

I really really want to use this mod @Liam W. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  12. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

I managed to backtrack to the date you posted this thread, found the images

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  13. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

The first 2 images I am missing. The user group permissions I can see. I assume this part is what I'm missing

There is no instructions in the download so stuck right now.
  14. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Just to confirm
    • The images above aren't visible in the thread of the OP when logged into that specific user
    • The images above aren't visible in the thread of the OP when logged into the admin
    • User Group Permissions and User Permissions have been set
    • The thread created is new, not an old one per the instructions above
    • Can't find any settings in the "Options" inside Admin CP
    • Can't find any settings inside the "Nodes" inside Admin CP
    Stuck at the moment.
  15. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

hmm it doesn't seem like this add-on is supported anymore... i will try it anyways

Is there any other add-on similar to this? i can't find any

This would be an excellent feature to have on all forums, i would love to self-moderate my threads,

so many annoying people i would want to ban and delete them from all my threads
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  16. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

hahahah this add-on is cool, i just tested it on 1.5

the person who owns the thread can even delete the administrator's post or anyone, he is the big boss!

i will use this add-on on my forum

1. Thread Test.PNG

2. 2.PNG

3. 3.PNG

4. Capture.PNG

this will cause fights in the forum, it will be fun

tank you liam sir!!
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Liam W likes this.
  17. Jeff Fuqua

Jeff Fuqua Well-Known Member

When installing, I got this error:

file_put_contents(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.3,L.1,account_following.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. file_put_contents() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 95
    3. XenForo_Template_FileHandler->_saveTemplate() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 50
    4. XenForo_Template_FileHandler::save() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1694
    5. XenForo_Model_Template->_insertCompiledTemplateRecord() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1469
    6. XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1328
    7. XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1267
    8. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/Deferred/Template.php at line 36
    9. XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
    10. XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 256
    11. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 390
    12. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 335
    13. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
    14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13
    But the add-on appeared to install. I went in and set up a secondary user group to use it. However, it's not working for that group (or anyone) yet. I have permissions checked for:

Can self moderate thread:
    Can delete reply:

What am I missing? I don't want to give the main user group permission — just the secondary. Thanks.
  18. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Its been a while since I looked into this add-on. I'll take a look into the posted issues and get back to you.

Jeff Fuqua likes this.
  19. Jeff Fuqua

If it matters, I am 1.3.5.

My members are very excited about this. I had no idea it existed. Thanks.
  20. Jeff Fuqua

I'm checking back in on this to see if any solutions have been discovered. Thanks.