Lack of interest Selective Multiquote - allow user's immediate reply, but continue multiquoting.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Digital Doctor

xenforo.1.4.selective.multiquote.with.immediate.repsonse.webp

First off ... Selective Multiquote is genius. Absolutely love it.

The idea here is to allow the user to reply to the selective multiquote right away vs. waiting til the end ... BUT ... continue in multiquote mode.

Currently, when you selectively multiquote, you have two options:
  • [+Quote] ... you quote that text, but continue reading.
  • [Reply] .. you quote that text, and can reply (but can't keep reading)(ie. you are taken to the reply box.

IDEA #1: Add a third option:
[+Respond] (Not sure about then name)The + signifies multiquoting mode continues.

In this third option a small Text box comes up, (with the selective multiquote at the top) ... you can type your quick and/or preliminary response. Then close the Text box and keep reading.

IDEA #2:
[Reply] always functions as [+Respond] (ie. when you reply a small text box always pops up). And when you are in that text box ... you have 3 options (Post Reply, continue multiquoting, More Options). More options would just take you to an editor that has more options in the Toolbar).

Uses:
(1) It's really nice to get your reply done right away. Feels good.
(2) If you end up multi-quoting 4 posts, over 11 pages, it's easy to forget all the things you wanted to say initially ! (might be just me ;)).
(3) It allows you to get some initial thoughts out, but you can beef them up later.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Do the selective multi-quoters like this idea ?

It's a pretty niche idea.

I guess I like to type my reply to the posts as I go ... but post them all at once :)

I think this would be especially good for instances when a moderator is trying to get a discussion back on track.

We have an older demographic and most of them probably would find it a bit intimidating. It would be nice if it could have group permissions, if implemented.

Top Bottom