Seeder

Seeder 1.1.0 Release Candidate 1

No permission to download
You can set the limit by providing --limit option, example:
php /<path to xf>/cmd.php tck-seeder:seed-resource-manager-item --limit 69 and this would result in 69 resource items being created.

I would love to mate this via APIs with machine-learning like trained GPT-2 instances to create readable and realistic posts. I run a roleplaying forum and my dream add-on is something an automated poster that automatically generates story bits for characters to react to. If you could add a config section for people to use APIs on, say, RunwayML or other AI/Machine Learning API system this would have huge potential. I'm thinking forums where AIs could write stories and news articles based on my fictional universe. So far I've only trained an AI to make character pages for my wiki and it does a decent job. Anyway, that's my idea -- add APIs so that the lorem text can be replaced by other sources of content.

Adult Swim Money GIF by The Boondocks

Can't get this to seed threads.

I am getting

Code:
In Creator.php line 51:

Argument 2 passed to XF\Service\Thread\Creator::__construct() must be an instance of XF\Entity\Forum, instance of X
  F\Mvc\Entity\Finder given, called in C:\xampp\htdocs\src\XF\Container.php on line 270

I'm getting these errors on XF 2.2:

Bash:
$ php cmd.php tck-seeder:seed-post

In ThreadWatch.php line 13:

Call to a member function getValue() on null

Bash:
$ php cmd.php tck-seeder:seed-post -b 10

In Mailer.php line 33:

[E_WARNING] Declaration of TickTackk\DeveloperTools\XF\Mail\Mailer::send(Swift_Mime_Message $message, ?Swift_Transport $transport = NULL, ?array $queueEntry = NULL, $allowRetry = true) should be compatible with XF\Mail\Mailer::send(Swift_Mime_SimpleMessage $message,
   ?Swift_Transport $transport = NULL, ?array $queueEntry = NULL, $allowRetry = true)

@TickTackk

Any idea why it might not be seeding threads? Running the latest versions of the addon and XF2.2. Seeding users, media gallery albums, and media gallery items all worked as expected. Tried to run with the debug flag but it displayed the same info.

Edit: I'm trying to seed existing forums. Do I need to seed forums created with this addon first?

Edit 2: Tried that, no difference (but seeding categories and forums worked as expected). Seeding threads just keeps running until I ctrl+c.

1601574773183.png

Last edited:
Hmm, the other two worked but threads didn't. No errors in the AdminCP, and this is the only addon enabled.

1601577959467.webp

Assuming you don't mind getting your hands dirty, open: Seed\Thread.php, find:
PHP:
        if ($threadCreator->validate($errors))
        {
Replace with:
PHP:
        if (!$threadCreator->validate($errors))
        {

Nice job.
Saves me importing old random DBs or manually creating content.

Top tips from a new user ... make sure you run php cmd.php tck-seeder:seed-category before you run php cmd.php tck-seeder:seed-forum.
:whistle: 😄

Additionally, unless you really need 500 categories. set a reasonable limit using php cmd.php tck-seeder:seed-category --limit 20

What would be really nice though is the ability to seed everything with a single command - something like tck-seeder:seed-all or even with the option of being able to specify values for each data type tck-seeder:seed-all --limit 50 100 20 30 10 1000

Seeing these pop up when posts are seeding is weird :D

1615150261850.webp

Top Bottom