Cannot reproduce Security error

JoyFreak

Affected version
Someone told me to post this here.

For some weird reason when I open my link in incognito window and click login, it throws "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again. " error. It seems to work fine after I refresh. I have tried this several times and it always seems to do it in incognito window on first landing.

You should upgrade to 2.0.9 and see if you still are able to reproduce the issue, 2.0 is quite outdated.

This isn't something I'm able to reproduce on any device I've tried, with or without incognito mode. There also doesn't appear to be a general problem otherwise we'd have other reports of this.

The error particularly relates to being unable to verify the CSRF token. This could mean it is missing, or you have a cached value for it or it has expired. None of these would happen in normal circumstances, so it points to something specific to your set up, be that a browser extension or an old, bugged version of Chrome or that kind of thing.

I don't think there's anything else for us to do here so my recommendation at this point is to continue with your troubleshooting thread here and if you come up with any further info then let us know in that thread.

One thing you can try first (but reply in that thread) is whether or not you can reproduce the same issue on other XF websites, including this one, or if it's just your own.

Top Bottom