• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

#1
hallo,

i get this error at most pages mainly in the Admin Panel: Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

According to this thread it maybe has to do something with Suhosin as Jake replied in the thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ss-back-refresh-the-page-and-try-again.25839/

i deleted the suhosin config and in my phpinfo the suhosin info disappeared, so i guess i 'disabed it' but the errors still come, and yes i'm sure i restarted services and rebooted server. aswell i have made post_max unlimited since i readed that could be a problem aswell.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#2
If it's happening consistently, it would likely indicate another issue. Likely server configuration related, possibly not sending form data through correctly. What changed on your server when this started happening?
 
#3
A friend of me have doing setup for a new ( more securely )VPS. So we decided to get a whole new VPS Server. From the same hosting where we never had problems with it before. So i can't imagen what's going wrong ( it has to do with the extra security though i think ).
 
Last edited:

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#4
So it happened when you moved servers? I would probably back up and start from a more baseline configuration and confirm that things are working then bring the additional security changes in. Unfortunately, there are so many variables (and potentially many things changing at once) so it's hard for me to have a particular recommendation.
 
#10
By the way, no idea if it helps you, but when i change mail info for example it works fine. but changing the basic board or changing user info i get these error's. ( even though i dont even change anything )
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
#11
It's returning HTML which fits with what I was suggesting about form data not being received by PHP correctly. This could be related to your web server configuration (how PHP is connected, how data is passed to PHP, etc) or it could be down to your PHP configuration (max input vars, max post size, etc). I would probably suggest taking your configuration/setup back to more of a "default", out of the box system and then make changes one by one to identify what's causing the issue.
 
#12
It's returning HTML which fits with what I was suggesting about form data not being received by PHP correctly. This could be related to your web server configuration (how PHP is connected, how data is passed to PHP, etc) or it could be down to your PHP configuration (max input vars, max post size, etc). I would probably suggest taking your configuration/setup back to more of a "default", out of the box system and then make changes one by one to identify what's causing the issue.
I will try that asap, many thanks for your help/suggestions.