1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEC Sport Zone

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Ernest L. Defoe, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

First let me start out by saying that I know I have tried this before but I gave up on it. I think the domain name had alot to do with the site not doing well as it was kinda long and whatnot. So I have got a really good domain name now. So it will be easier for people to remember. The site is brand new and has only officially been open for a few minutes was just waiting on a customized style to be finished which @Mike Creuzer, @Jake B. and crew did a fantastic job on. Added a ton of really cool features that I think make the style just pop. It's a customized version of their #Rekt theme. Anyways always looking for positive and negative feedback so please let me know what you think of the site http://www.secsport.zone will be https:// hopefully soon. My site is proudly hosted by @xenBoost Mike. The logo was designed by @Sheldon who did an excellent job on it. If you happen to know what the Southeastern Conference is and are a fan of one of their member schools please come join us.

2. Ricky6039

Ricky6039 Member

I tryed to sign up but get this error message

A server error occurred. Please try again later.

3. Ernest L. Defoe

Yeah should be fixed now. It was an issue with another addon that I will be rolling out in the very near future and for some reason when it's disabled it causes issues. Fortunately someone else had the same issue and a fix was posted. Try again please and let me know. Sorry for the issue.

4. Ricky6039

Ricky6039 Member

Worked fine that time :D

5. KeVo

KeVo Active Member

@Ernest L. Defoe, really nice forum you've built. I really love how you have each conference side by side with the appropriate teams and the style is very well done!

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  6. Ernest L. Defoe

@KeVo thanks that's all because @Mike Creuzer and team did a great job on the design.

Mike Creuzer and KeVo like this.
  7. Ernest L. Defoe

Added new usergroups and promotions based on favorite team selected at registration that will color your username based off your favorite team. Took me a bit to figure out but I think it was worth it.

The Forum Heroes and Gemma like this.
  8. GRJoker

GRJoker Member

I like this site...Love the theme!! It's been a while since I found a site where you an talk college football.

Ernest L. Defoe likes this.
  9. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Hi
    Nice forum, I live in SEC country and a huge UT Vol fan, so as they say, "my blood bleeds orange" lol... I really like forums like this, very nicely designed. One thing I just noticed when I try to click on the Alabama icon at the bottom of the page, I get a server can't be found message. Good luck on your nice forum, very nicely put together and let the games begin. :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  10. Ernest L. Defoe

Yeah I just figured out what the issue is on the clicking the Alabama logo and getting a server can't be found message is because I have an extra letter in the url. Fixing now.

11. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

How do you typo your own team :p

MQK8 likes this.
  12. Ernest L. Defoe

Stupid autocorrect on my computer wanted to add an e at the end.

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  13. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Active Member

Looks fantastic man. One thing that threw me off though, when I clicked the link: SEC Sports Zone Home It took me to the home page which makes sense, BUT forums is highlighted for some reason. I scrolled up and down looking around for the forums until I clicked on it a second time which loaded it. This might not be an issue for you, but just thought I'd mention it was all. :)

Good job on this,
    CM

upload_2015-9-7_0-23-44.png

14. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Flashing/pulsating text colour enhancement on the sidebar?

15. Ernest L. Defoe

I don't know why it does that. I've noticed it did that before the theme even got customized. Maybe @Mike Creuzer can explain it.

I'm not really sure why Forums stays highlighted even when on the home page. I thought it was just part of it so never thought more of it.

16. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Active Member

It might not even be a big issue for you, just something I noticed was all. :)

17. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

It's because the homepage uses a page node. If you install nodes as tabs by @Jake Bunce you can make a home tab with that node and it will highlight properly :)

Dr.Who likes this.
  18. Ernest L. Defoe

@Jake B. then what would cause the thing that @Mouth asked about?

19. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

I don't see any flashing or pulsating. What browser and OS are you using?

20. Ernest L. Defoe

I'm using OSX Mavericks and Safari not sure what @Mouth using.