XF 1.5 Seasonal Smileys

Quick question for you 'seasoned' veterans :P

Is there any way in default xenforo to change which smileys are used based on time/date or an easy way to swap out manually on a certain date (other than the export of XML) I mean more inside of xenforo admin cp already loaded ready for a quick switch over, kind of like a style element.

I would like to implement Christmas smileys but currently cannot see an obvious way to do it with default xenforo.

Regards,
Matt

Replace the images in styles\default\xenforo\smilies\
You didnt quite understand what im saying...

I know I can change the actual pictures, I know I can use different string replacements for different emoji's

Lets say I have " :lol: " being replaced with a laughing face emoji, but on christmas I want that to automatically change to an alternative of the same, with a santa beard, the two files already exist but I cannot find a way of setting the emoji to change file or style based on time.

Quick question for you 'seasoned' veterans :p

Is there any way in default xenforo to change which smileys are used based on time/date or an easy way to swap out manually on a certain date (other than the export of XML) I mean more inside of xenforo admin cp already loaded ready for a quick switch over, kind of like a style element.

I would like to implement Christmas smileys but currently cannot see an obvious way to do it with default xenforo.

Regards,
Matt
You need custom development.
Smilies are not bind to styles.

You need custom development.
Smilies are not bind to styles.

For some reason I am getting an "arsy" feel from your answer.

Regardless, I appreciate your answer, and that is all I wanted to know, in case it was something I was missing in standard xenforo...

I know smileys are not bound to styles...

Lets say I have " :lol: " being replaced with a laughing face emoji, but on christmas I want that to automatically change to an alternative of the same, with a santa beard, the two files already exist but I cannot find a way of setting the emoji to change file or style based on time.
I do this every year.

As @katsulynx said above, you just need to replace the current 'lol' smiley image with a different image.
As for it being based on time/automated, it's just a case of manually doing it for the period of time you want to cover.

I typically upload the new image 2 weeks before Xmas and restore the original image a few days after.

I do this every year.

As @katsulynx said above, you just need to replace the current 'lol' smiley image with a different image.
As for it being based on time/automated, it's just a case of manually doing it for the period of time you want to cover.

I typically upload the new image 2 weeks before Xmas and restore the original image a few days after.

I think my big issue is that images I am using are bigger than the original because of the extra "santa" decoration to them, so it wouldnt look right, would it?

Top Bottom