XF 2.2 Searching on Message Count and Cron

Steve Freides

I am considering a user promotion for people who have posted a lot on our forum - my current threshold is message count > 2000. I found 34 people on my initial search via ACP -> Users -> Search Users -> Message Count and I put 2000 in the leftmost of the 2 boxes. I'm playing with various Search criteria in the ACP because I want to see the results of who would be effected by my proposed Promotion.

I changed, via ACP -> Nodes -> <node_name> -> Advanced -> Count messages posted in this forum towards user total, and I unchecked that in two of my busiest forums.

I still get the same 34 people, which seems to me to indicate that my change isn't being reflected in my search result.

I took a look a CRON jobs and tried running a few that seemed like they might be relevant, e.g., Rebuild Member Stats Cache, Rebuild Forum Statistics, and Record Daily Statistics - still no change in my search results.

Please explain to me - I'm obviously missing something important about how this works.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

-S-

I changed, via ACP -> Nodes -> <node_name> -> Advanced -> Count messages posted in this forum towards user total, and I unchecked that in two of my busiest forums.
Changing it doesn't affect existing post counts.

A query is required to rebuild the post counts - I recall seeing one posted a while ago.

A query is required to rebuild the post counts - I recall seeing one posted a while ago.
Is there a way to force a rebuild of post counts from within the ACP that I already have my disposal, e.g., will ACP -> Tools, Data Maintenance, Rebuild Caches, All do this for me? And should I check off the several "delete ..." boxes before I run this?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

-S-

Top Bottom