XF 2.1 Searching for messages doesn't load for a specific user's messages

Feanor

Everyone else's posts can be searched, but when you do one of the following for one specific user...
  • Click their username -> click the messages amount -> white page with nothing on it.
  • Go to their profile -> click Postings tab -> only says "Loading…" and nothing else.
  • Search -> By: their username -> white page with nothing on it.
There is not usually an error logged in the server errors. However, I do see memory errors from it sometimes:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 598016 bytes) src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php:125

I don't see how I would be running out of memory though. It also doesn't do it for any other user, so how could this be from not having enough memory? Could a bad post be causing this somehow?

Use phpMyAdmin go to the xf_post table and in do a search for that username, does that work?
Yes, it works without issue there. I even tried selecting "full text" and showing 500 rows per page. I then went to every page and each one was fine.

edit: I originally did this with user_id. Tried with username now, but it takes a longer time to run no matter the name because there are a lot of posts, so I'm not going to use full text / 500 rows per page with that test.

By the way, not sure if it matters, but I should add that I am using Enhanced Search.

It was running for a while, but then I came back and it was a white page. I think it got through all of the posts though because it was almost done with posts last I checked. It may have gotten stuck at profile posts again. Either way, it didn't fix the issue.

Everyone else's posts can be searched, but when you do one of the following for one specific user...
  • Click their username -> click the messages amount -> white page with nothing on it.
  • Go to their profile -> click Postings tab -> only says "Loading…" and nothing else.
  • Search -> By: their username -> white page with nothing on it.
There is not usually an error logged in the server errors. However, I do see memory errors from it sometimes:

I don't see how I would be running out of memory though. It also doesn't do it for any other user, so how could this be from not having enough memory? Could a bad post be causing this somehow?
Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing.
XF support increased the memory limit in XF's config.php file with this line:

ini_set("memory_limit","512M");

(Might not be the same value for other servers/forums.)

Where I was changing this in the server settings wasn't being seen for whatever reason.

Top Bottom