Search resources everywhere on the Forum

If your users do not know they have to visit Resources to search, they can still search them from Advanced Search. I think that is pretty intuitive. Advanced = more options.

If your users do not know they have to visit Resources to search, they can still search them from Advanced Search. I think that is pretty intuitive. Advanced = more options.

Why is it logical to assume when you search in the search box that resources won't be searched? I agree with Biarritz64 that it would be logical if the search box would include resource results.

I see now. It is a bit confusing how the Everywhere language is on some forum pages but not on forum home, in essence, not searching everywhere by default like other pages. And you can search everywhere from the add-ons.

Agree.

Last edited:
Why is it logical to assume when you search in the search box that resources won't be searched? I agree with Biarritz64 that it would be logical if the search box would include resource results.
I don't think that's what he's asking for, though now that I read it back, I'm not sure.

If you search everywhere, it includes resources. If there's no indication that you're not searching everywhere in the quick search, you're searching everywhere.

I believe the suggestion is to specifically allow searching only resources via the quick search when you're not in the RM (which by extension, would mean allowing threads, media, etc to be searched specifically from outside their respective areas).

Top Bottom