Search options aren't working

empire

These are the options I've set:

search1.webp

It should have a minimum word length of 3, but I can search for a single letter or two-letter word. Also, the results often top out around 100 instead of 200. For example:

search2.webp

search3.webp

I shouldn't be able to search just for 'v', but I am sure there are more than 101 results, and it's supposed to display 200. What should I do to fix this?

There are no server errors about it. I tried disabling all other add-ons and it didn't change anything. I'm not sure what else to try.

The minimum word length applies only to MySQL (and the option is designed to correspond with what has been set in MySQL). With Enhanced Search, anything indexed is searchable.

You see fewer results to due permission limiting. If you have any add-ons that index additional content -- in particular, conversations -- that will affect the results. In that case, you may wish to increase the maximum number of search results.

The word length doesn't matter, I just wasn't sure why it didn't affect the search, so thanks for explaining.

I had tried it with other add-ons disabled, but I potentially do have some that could affect the results, so I will look into that.

Note that just disabling add-ons won't affect the search index itself, and thus what is searched/returned. The data would need to be removed from the search index (which would generally mean deleting the index and rebuilding it).

This sort of thing should be mostly fixed in XF2, so you don't get a screen of blank search results. :)

Of course, it will depend on add-on working with XF2 for additional content types that are searchable.

Top Bottom