XF 1.1 Search Improvements and UI Tweaks in XenForo 1.1

The search system for XenForo 1.1 has had some attention, and now includes the ability to include members in search results, adds profile posts to the search index and allows more control over where to search, including one constraint that has been (extremely) frequently requested ever since we first developed the search system.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great!
Only "fail" is the Profile Posts search.

IMO the Profile Post Comments are also "Profile Posts" and should be inserted into the search index

Looks amazing, unified controls are something I personally really like and thread search is of course amazing.

2 in one day! Lets make it 3! :)

Nice touch btw, love the unification of 1.1 in certain areas!@

Can someone make a long post about all updates coming in 1.1? Would be helpful.

Very nice, how close are we to a big board solution to make all this magic great for 1m+ post forums :D

umm we have a problem!! the search box in the top its starting to get bigger (longer)..
edit: overall is awesome what you've done so far. I now uses search everywhere in the forum and its accurate and easier than ever

I think you guys made the right choices with these changes, and finally thread searches so another nice improvement. :)

How is that a problem? It doesn't show until you have a use for it.
we want to keep searching simple unless the user wants to use the dates, who posted, search in forum (I personally never used all of them )
i like these options, I just think the search botton is starting to move far from the search box :D

Yay for being able to search a thread! :D

Very nice changes; nothing huge but makes using XenForo much more pleasant to use.

Top Bottom