Search - How does it work.

Digital Doctor

I searched for Trophy Skin as I remember talking about the idea.
However: No results returned.
:(

I guess the actual post contained: Trophy Skins
Trophy Skin (no hit)
Trophy Skin* (hit)

When searching for Trophy Skin, should Trophy Skins show up by default ?
Anyone have some details here ?

Guess it does an exact "word" search. and not related-words-search. So a word "xyz" would match only "xyz", not "xyza". I could be wrong. But I couldn't find anything in the MySQL documentation that would indicate otherwise.

Guess it does an exact "word" search. and not related-words-search. So a word "xyz" would match only "xyz", not "xyza". I could be wrong. But I couldn't find anything in the MySQL documentation that would indicate otherwise.

This does seem to be the case.

IMO: I think by default for title searching especially, that a search for Skin should hit on a title called with Skins.
You want to encourage title searching.

As Kier said he is currently working on "Search", I do hope he is not just working on "Sphinx" for the "big boards", but also improving "search" for XF itself, so for the average-size forum-webmaster.

As Kier said he is currently working on "Search", I do hope he is not just working on "Sphinx" for the "big boards", but also improving "search" for XF itself, so for the average-size forum-webmaster.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that Kier is not working on Sphinx and is instead using a different alternative. I would hope that the new alternative would improve search for all sizes however I find the search we have at the moment very good anyway for medium sized boards.

Top Bottom