1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Search Function not working - no results found

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by slinky123, Aug 30, 2014.

1. slinky123

slinky123 Member

Recently we imported to Xenforo from VBulletin 3.8

Everything is working perfectly but we cannot get the search to work. ( The advanced search option when clicking on the search box in top right)

When searching 2 things can happen : The processing bars continue to move and then just stop and the page never updates.
    the result is a message "No results found"

I have rebuilt the search cache and still the search doesnt work.

What could I do to fix that?

Many thanks
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I just tried a search on your forum and it appears to work fine. It's a little slow, but it works.

I searched for the word test.
  3. slinky123

slinky123 Member

Thankyou for the reply, Search straight from the box works very slowly it takes forever, though the advanced search will not work at all.
    I have tried on 2 different computers and an ipad, and still I cannot get that to work.
    I have also limited the number of results in Admin panel, and that hasn't helped either.

How could I get the advanced search options to work?
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't appear to have access to search anything to do any testing.

The primary recommendation would be to disable all add-ons and rebuild the search index (choosing the option to empty it first). After this, while add-ons are disabled, confirm the issue is still happening.
    slinky123 likes this.
  5. slinky123

slinky123 Member

Thankyou Mike for that suggestion, I shall give that a try. :)