Not a bug Search function is invalid.

Affected version
2.2.5

Flying

New member
Dear Xenforo team,

I used xenforo version is v2.2.5 , and the forum was created about 1 month ago.
We now have a strange problem.
Currently we have 1000+ member accounts.
Only UID no.1 and no.2 can use the search function. Other accounts pass the test and cannot use the search function.
Search for any information, the result is all: No results found.

We have excluded the reason for permissions. Even if other accounts are set to the administrator user group, or additional permissions are added, this fault cannot be resolved.

And UID no.1 and no.2 everything is normal.

I ask for help, is there a solution?
Thanks.

PS: I'm not purchased XenForo Enhanced Search.
 
Last edited:

Flying

New member
Update:
We tested it by disabling all add-ons, and still couldn't troubleshoot.
It seems that it has nothing to do with add-ons.
 

Flying

New member
  1. Try rebuilding caches again, I had same error last week. Done with 2nd rebuild.
  2. If still doesn't work, restart Elastic Search.
  3. Did you imported your forum? Or is it a fresh start?
Thank you for continuing to help.

1- Tried, it didn't work. I even suspected that it was not working all the time, rather than suddenly failing.
2- I did not purchase the Elastic Search add-on.
3- No import, we fresh start.
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Based on the discussion here:


This is likely caused by custom DB changes to do ngram-based searching. It's very likely that just database changes are not sufficient for this and this isn't something supported by XF. It's very likely full custom development may be required.
 

Flying

New member
Based on the discussion here:


This is likely caused by custom DB changes to do ngram-based searching. It's very likely that just database changes are not sufficient for this and this isn't something supported by XF. It's very likely full custom development may be required.
Thank you for your reply.
Through this clue, we found the problem.
At present, we still have obstacles. When the search uses less than 4 Chinese characters, the search results will be invalid.
I don't know how to solve this problem. Setting in CP doesn't work.

Thanks.
 
Top