XF 2.2 Search forum (Node)

I’m not quite sure if it would be useful however I believe the point would be that it could add another layer of filtering to the the search, depending on the search forum criteria.
I'm just not sure how it would be feasible to further filter for keywords in a search node. It's not really any different than doing a regular search for all the criteria you want to find and then copying and pasting the page link of your results: how would you look for further keywords in that case except to do another search?

EDIT: Now if he is actually wanting to create or edit existing search nodes with further criteria (rather than wanting to actually search them for keywords), I would think that tags would be the best bet. You could add certain tags to all the posts you want to appear in a search node via batch updating them and include the tag(s) in "Search tags" at the bottom of the search node settings (won't work if you put it under the Thread criteria heading.)

Last edited:
You can highlight as many as you want for the search result. SFs work just like Batch Update Threads.
You're right. I was tinkering with the settings earlier and it was causing zero results to show when I tried adding more than one prefix, but I obviously must have changed something else at the same time that affected results. So yeah, that's another filter.

Thanks, I was trying to use a Search forum to interrogate a post body for a keyword and display occurrences in the last X days

As far as I can tell
A Link forum let's you store the search criteria as a link but is not dynamic. You can search keyword in post but you cannot say last X days
A Search forum won't let you search the post for a keyword but does allow you to restrict results to last X days

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know. There is this addon here you can check out:

I don't own it and haven't looked at it too closely, but maybe there's some way you could put it to use.

You can manually construct the search link with this tutorial, and then pop the link into a link forum or in a nav tab:

You can manually construct the search link with this tutorial, and then pop the link into a link forum or in a nav tab:
yep i did that (see #9) and that does everything except restrict search to last X days

Yeah, I don't know. There is this addon here you can check out:

I don't own it and haven't looked at it too closely, but maybe there's some way you could put it to use.
I'll have to get my head around this one.. thanks

yep i did that (see #9) and that does everything except restrict search to last X days
But you can it seems.
From the screenshot above there are three (of the five) field names visible - keywords, c[users], and c[newer_than].
It is these name fields which are used to construct the URL.

Last edited:
Untested but this may work: {{ link('search/search') }}?keywords=test&c[newer_than]={{ $xf.time - 1000000 }}

Change the 1000000 to suit.

It's UNIX time so it's the number of seconds before the current time.
1 week is 604,800 seconds.

Top Bottom