XF 2.0 Search for word within in URL

Mr Lucky

I am trying to find old vbulletin internal links, so am searching for showthread

Two issues
  • Search will not find this unless I disable enhanced search. Is that to be expected, and is there a way for search this with ES?
  • I want to isolate just internal links, so tried to search "mydomain.com/showthread" but I get the following message:"

The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: com

Can anyone help please?

You'll probably want to use the Post content find/replace tool for this. There is an XF2 version, but the discussion thread for the XF1 version will likely have examples of updating this kind of thing in one fell swoop instead of relying on manual searches and edits.

You'll probably want to use the Post content find/replace tool for this. There is an XF2 version, but the discussion thread for the XF1 version will likely have examples of updating this kind of thing in one fell swoop instead of relying on manual searches and edits.

Yes, but I don't know what to replace them with in one fell swoop. Or are you saying there is a regex to replace vbulletin URLs with xenforo URLS? That would be good.

My current plan is to this before upgrading as the redirect script is not working in xf2:

• I search all the vbulletin internal URLs
  • Click on each one and find where it redirects to (as the redirect script is working)
  • Then copy the redirected to URL into the original post with the link
  • Then on to the next one
It will be time consuming, but then I've already wasted a bit of time trying to get the redirects working in xf2

Yes, but I don't know what to replace them with in one fell swoop. Or are you saying there is a regex to replace vbulletin URLs with xenforo URLS? That would be good.
Most likely. Though tbh, you'd probably be better just implementing server side redirects which, effectively, also uses regex matching. The only problem would arise if the IDs weren't retained during import. In which case you'd have to carry on doing it manually or use updated redirection scripts.

In which case you'd have to carry on doing it manually or use updated redirection scripts.

Which is probably what I will have to do, so then my original question on how to search for the internal redirects? Is that going to be possible?

Problem is there a many external redirects with showthread in them of course.

Top Bottom