Lack of interest Search feature in styles template area

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
I would like to request a search feature within a template as we are editing it. vBulletin has this feature and its the "Find" field under the template when its opened. This would be a great help for designing styles.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
For the record, I've been using CTRL + F in browsers and all sorts of other software (Notepad, Word, NetBeans, Visual Studio, Dreamweaver...) and have never run into it not working, so I apologize if I can't understand why it doesn't seem to work for you.

I've also already seen and answered this question twice before:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/is-there-a-way-to-search-in-templates.5643/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/full-text-search.5724/

Both times, the user has said "thank you, I didn't realize I could do that". This is the first time somebody has said "that's not enough", and I'm not sure why. I understand that some may ask for the question/seek out this feature since most here are probably ex-vB users and are used to the feature. What you need to realize is that your browser does this, and it does it well.

With vB, there are a search fonction, but with XenForo, no.

I miss it very much, maybe I'm not the only :p

Attachments

• template.gif
    template.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 12
In Safari on Mac, it doesn't matter if your cursor is in the template text area. cmd + F will search and mark every word on that page. This can be annoying if the word you're searching for appears a lot of times outside of the template text area.

I'm using cmd + F lots of times and it works fine in most cases, but I can also see why there is still a demand for a template text area search feature within the software.

Why don't you use the built in WebDav so that you can edit the templates in your favorite code editor?
That way you can search, replace , compare and do soooooo much more than what you can in any other forum software.

Top Bottom