Scrolling slow with Safari

Sunwalker

Hi,

since Safari 5, Apple seems to limit the maximum amount of CPU-percantage used, in order to stretch battery life on mobile devices or something (at least, that is my explanation for laggy scrolling). It becomes obvious on pages with flash content, but it is very easy to see on xenforo pages, too. Scrolling is fine with Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

Do other Safari users experience the same laggy scrolling on xenforo pages?

Hi,

since Safari 5, Apple seems to limit the maximum amount of CPU-percantage used, in order to stretch battery life on mobile devices or something (at least, that is my explanation for laggy scrolling). It becomes obvious on pages with flash content, but it is very easy to see on xenforo pages, too. Scrolling is fine with Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

Do other Safari users experience the same laggy scrolling on xenforo pages?
Could you confirm you are referring to this xenforo powered site? xenforo.com/community

If so, could you confirm you are using the default skin on this site?

XF runs nice on Safari 5.0.3 using iMac
Having said that, Safari has given me nothing but problems lately with lag and page rendering and I am avoiding using it until their is a decent update.
Install Firefox

Must be an issue on your MacBook.
I highly doubt that. It's the same choppy behavior as it is with flash content (and the flash problem exists on all Macs I used in the last few months). Many people just don't recognize it, because they are not as sensitive for such things as I am, for example. I'll test it with another Mac, when I have the opportunity.

I dont usually use safari...ever...except for development purposes...

but I can not find anything wrong with the site other than Safari just being full of epic failure(this is on Win7 though...) IE9 is better than safari sadly...

I highly doubt that. It's the same choppy behavior as it is with flash content (and the flash problem exists on all Macs I used in the last few months). Many people just don't recognize it, because they are not as sensitive for such things as I am, for example. I'll test it with another Mac, when I have the opportunity.

That would depend on the system you are using it on. On my MBP, Flash is noticeably choppy. On my Mac Pro - its smooth. I've got a good eye for detail and have been using Safari for a long time - I would have noticed if it was even the tiniest bit slower ;)

Which MacBook do you have? (Specs)

2,4 Ghz Core 2 Duo with 4 GB of RAM installed. I tested flash choppiness with other MacBooks and MacBook Pros only. The Mac pro probably has enough power to cover this flaw. So, I only doubt, that it is a problem with my specific MacBook. ;) Any other MacBook owners here?

Top Bottom