Scroll by [XenCrea] [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10469
  • Start date Start date
I'm putting a specific width and auto margin in the Page Width Controller options but it doesn't do anything. It should be making the style a fixed width.

Help ? www.readersociety.gr if you want to check the css

I'm putting a specific width and auto margin in the Page Width Controller options but it doesn't do anything. It should be making the style a fixed width.

Help ? www.readersociety.gr if you want to check the css

Hello, edit The Extra.css and custom this lines :)

HTML:
@media screen and (min-width : 1600px)
{
    .pageWidth
    {
        width: 90%;
        margin: auto;
    }
}
@media screen and (min-width : 1920px)
{
    .pageWidth
    {
        width: 85%;
    }
}

Zephyr updated [XenCrea] Scroll with a new update entry:

Fix image sprite color, pagination & xenportal colors.

New image sprite image color :

View attachment 50505

View attachment 50508

Download image here : YOUR_XENFORO_INSTALLATION/styles/XenCrea.com/Scroll/xenforo/HERE

And add this code in your extra.css template for fix various visual bug (xenportal & pagination) :

3u6Kf.jpg

3u6M6.jpg

HTML:
/* 1.1.5.b Xenportal fix & pagination fix */

#recentNews .heading {
    background-color: #887662;...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wow great looking skin. If I had found this before I launched my last forum project, I would have purchased this hands down. Keep up the great work!

This looks nice. Are you considering making a darker theme, maybe in black with a similar old world look. Good for historical sites or ghosts or occult topics would be fun.

I have a couple of issues... I'll try to fix them myself, but any help is appreciated.

First issue:

The text and background on certain texts like the help texts are not in well-matching colours and thus hardly readable.
eJkFMTF.png

Second issue:

XenPorta buttons - "add categories" and "continue reading buttons" for the news block - do not display properly.
hiNrOyT.png

Third issue:

The TiagaChat MOTD does not display properly in the main forum view:
iMNWWfs.png

Fourth issue:

When users' browsers have a higher resolution than the background, the background that is not covered by the chosen background image becomes white. I would like it to be a colour of my choice (black, in my case), or the default brown. White just looks very out of place. (In the picture below the black part is part of the background image - my resolution is actually lower than that of the image, but I just want to demonstrate what I mean).
c09ivzH.png

As a possible future feature suggestion - may I suggest a conditional background image that chooses different backgrounds based on the users' resolution? Thus once can have a smaller image that loads faster for "regular" users with 1920x1080 or less resolution, and a larger image (of possibly lower quality to decrease filesize) for users with high resolutions - such as Macbook retina screens etc.

Last edited:
Hello, use Xencrea for bug report please.
What is your username or email on xencrea please ?

For background with big resolution, follow this instruction:
http://xencrea.com/index.php?threads/space-theme-in-very-large-resolutions.512

Example after instruction:

EaDYhTA.jpg

(very very very large resolution)

For shootbox, search the sentence inside your xenforo langage and remove the line (it's a line added by your shootbox addon).
For bbcode page, try to add inside your extra.css template :

Code:
.help_cookies .mainContentBlock,
.help_smilies .mainContentBlock,
.help_terms .mainContentBlock {
  background: none !important;
  border-color: #7D6C5A !important;
}

Bug is fixed by default for next update ;)

hK2aTlD.jpg

For xenportal, I don't have this problem, what is your version ?

dy0gsaH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, use Xencrea for bug report please.
What is your username or email on xencrea please ?

Username is Valvar, just like here. Should I post a thread there instead? I'll respond here anyway because the conversation is here now.

For background with big resolution, follow this instruction:
http://xencrea.com/index.php?threads/space-theme-in-very-large-resolutions.512

That didn't seem to work for me. I pasted
Code:
@media screen and (min-width: 1921px) {
    html {
        background-size: cover !important;
    }
}

to the end of EXTRA.css, but there is no difference for me. I can see that it worked for DaiAku when I visit his page, but for me it doesn't scale. You can see for yourself at http://www.lumineboreali.net/ (just hold ctrl and scroll out to emulate a high-res environment).

For shootbox, search the sentence inside your xenforo langage and remove the line (it's a line added by your shootbox addon).

Sorry, I'm not following you :oops: - what should I search for and remove? I apologize for my ignorance :(

For bbcode page, try to add inside your extra.css template :

Ah, thank you, that fixed most of it! The main help section that explains the subsections (/index.php?help/) still has the problem, though. Do you know what the identifier for it is?

vgICauG.png

For xenportal, I don't have this problem, what is your version ?

Using the latest version of everything. I don't know if the social media buttons display properly because I have disabled those, but it's the "continue reading" button and the button for adding categories that aren't displaying properly. http://www.lumineboreali.net/index.php?portal/ is the page if you want to see what I mean...

For background, remplace html class by html.Public, body

Code:
html.Public, body {
     background-size: cover !important;
}

Work for me for all resolution :

yN7c5LA.jpg

For shootbox, look here :

1UNFw5d.jpg

For page help, it's a litlle forget, just add this : .help_index

Result :
Code:
.help_index .mainContentBlock,
.help_cookies .mainContentBlock,
.help_smilies .mainContentBlock,
.help_terms .mainContentBlock {
  background: none !important;
  border-color: #7D6C5A !important;
}

For xenportal, you can ask the author of the addon if well used by XenForo class to create the pagination of the addon ?

I can't get the skin to work consistently with fixed width. I've put these in the relevant field:

Code:
min-width: 940px;
width: 976px;

And I still get something that looks like full width:

http://www.readersociety.gr

Hello, try !important, example :
width: 976px !important;

Or use max-width property for limit the width ;)

Ah, thank you very much for continuing to help me even though I'm so bad at this :oops:

I can't get the background thing to work...

CJhLEBb.png

What am I doing wrong?! :cry:

The help section text looks perfect now, though, and I'll talk to the XenPorta developer!

Top Bottom