Screen Shots

That's what I thought. Thanks! It's an option on other forums, so I thought I would check. Is that something that an Add-On could perhaps address?

If it's a feature on other software I would think one of the talented coders here could easily manage it. You might want to put in a request for such an add-on in the resource request area and if someone is able to create such an add-on I'm sure they will.

I suppose you could run a script to see who hit the print screen key...?

Can't say I've ever looked into it, though.
Would technically be a good way to get your site on a anti-malware block list...

A script that would know what keys you press on a keyboard and help you record them? Yes, that would do it (get you listed as having spyware / malware / virus).

But there are dozens of ways to take a screen shot without ever clicking a key on a keyboard. Which would make your "script" useless. The vast majority of "end users" that I talk to don't even know that key on the keyboard will make a screen shot and end up using 1 of millions of possible browser plug-ins or 3rd party (none browser) programs.

So the end result is you would have a virtually useless "script" that would get you blocked on a dozen or more anti-spyware and anti-virus list and you would lose the faith (trust) of those who visit your site. I wouldn't recommend it.

There is zero guaranteed way to record if X member took a screen shot of Y site on Z page.

I suppose you could run a script to see who hit the print screen key...?

Can't say I've ever looked into it, though.
that would not work either...

i can click on another window on my desktop and focus there and even though that is not what I am aiming for i will get a screenshot of the whole screen including the inactive browser windows...and if at that point you can see what keys I am hitting then you are breaking the law and spying on me with a key logger. What happens at your site is your site...what happens on my desktop is another, my logic anyways.

This isn't a plugin for forums or whatever but quick google search found it.

http://chemware.co.nz/usrlog.htm

I was kinda interested in this before myself, because you never know if a person is trying to do your forum, site, or what-not - any harm. (legal actions) And if you could figure out, who is doing what, and when, and maybe draw some conclusions as to WHY they're doing it, or the reasoning of it, you could maybe figure out reasoning of it being done in first place (with assumptions). "Hm, Bob was taking screen shots of this thread, that post, this other thread, and another post... time to investigate those threads and posts. I wonder what's in those that he's screen copying them for? Hmm". lol.
that application is useless in this scenario....

yeah i know, was just example of something that "logs" the act lol. But didn't think of the "spying" factor either. It be like, calling someone's computer, using their webcam without them knowing it, and watching them. It's privacy invasion.
right but that is an exe, it is installed by the user...there is no way that even closely resembles what you are asking...and also there is different ways to capture....my video output for example is split and one line runs to an hdmi capture card on a computer that does nothing but capture my computer's visual activity...I can also screenshot by grabbing stills from that video...there is NOTHING you can do to stop someone from screen capping content...i repeat nothing.

yeah i know.. Lol! I merely posted "example" from quick search... I wasn't looking for anything for computer anyway.. I wasn't the OP asking for a XF resource for it.. lmao. I said, I was wondering about it before myself for something for the forums. But I never made thread about it, because I figured it wasn't possible like you and Adam said. The link I posted, was just a quick "example" of something that "logs" screen copying. It wasn't intended to start a huge whirl wind of debate lol. Sorry I posted it.. I'll remove all my posts.. ;)

You don't need to remove them....I just want people who dont understand at all to be confused and think people here support spying....nothing against you...but I had to go back and understand what you were getting at and I pride myself on understanding people. Someone who was skimming through and doesn't care what the next person had to say might see some of the posts and get all 'pet' about life...just wanted to clarify.

yeah i know.. Lol! I merely posted "example" from quick search... I wasn't looking for anything for computer anyway.. I wasn't the OP asking for a XF resource for it.. lmao. I said, I was wondering about it before myself for something for the forums. But I never made thread about it, because I figured it wasn't possible like you and Adam said. The link I posted, was just a quick "example" of something that "logs" screen copying. It wasn't intended to start a huge whirl wind of debate lol. Sorry I posted it.. I'll remove all my posts.. ;)

Why do you post, then remove them all? You are too defensive.

Why do you post, then remove them all? You are too defensive.
prolly because some how.. from ALL my posts i put here.. someone manages to turn it into a huge debate or drama.. or whip lashing against me.. like i'm evil lol. and by removing the posts, then it's like they never existed in first place.. and nothing to "bytch" about anymore.. because its gone ... Lol! That's mainly why I never post nothing on here either.. I do things in PC.

There, sorry for posting in the thread.. lol. Forget I even posted that useless link or whatever that was merely just "example" of a screen copying logger thing lol. My bad folks.. I'm evil person :rolleyes:
No one said that...

I am pointing out a point of view from someone who didn't write it....I only read it.

I was posting an example of what someone may think when reading it and wanted to clarify that we dont do that with xenforo because 1 it is not possible and 2 it would be wrong to track people like that without their knowledge.

prolly because some how.. from ALL my posts i put here.. someone manages to turn it into a huge debate or drama.. or whip lashing against me.. like i'm evil lol. and by removing the posts, then it's like they never existed in first place.. and nothing to "bytch" about anymore.. because its gone ... Lol! That's mainly why I never post nothing on here either.. I do things in PC.
:-) If I wanted to make a big deal out of nothing....I would say...

I never post nothing means literally....I always post something ;-)

lol! i know brah... I even pointed out earlier about the privacy invasion thing.. you quoted it. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/screen-shots.42617/#post-459311 but still some how it manages to turn thread to my stuff as main new debate/focus point and not the OP's question or whatever lol. That's what I was saying above too, case in point.. there's three or so posts of MINE being quoted and discussed now.. and hardly anything useful "info" for the OP haha. :p all over fact, i posted an "example" of a logger thingy, that turned out not what was "needed/useful" anyway. hence removing posts too. to help get focus of OP issue, back on track again and clean up the "cluster/junk" lmao

wanna just remove em too? cause there's no point in clusterf-ing up his thread anyway.. :(. that's why i delete alot of my posts or get staff to delete my threads though. because some how, someone manages to turn the thread discussion or debate me about my stuff .. when it shouldnt have been anyway.

like other day, i wrote long winded novel thread.. about suggestions or help.. stewart took one sentence out of whole entire thread.. to debate or argue with me about developers and defending the developers. not ONCE did he respond nor anyone else with something useful to my thread, which was main discussion / point of thread. i reported thread and had staff remove it.

some how, someone always take what i write .. pulls ONE THING from it.. and uses it against me, or argues me.. debates it.. and he wonders why I'm defensive. I'm half afraid to post anything here anymore. in fear it's ripped apart, twisted, debated.. hated.. No one helps me anyway, but TWO people Jake and Chris Deeming.. Yet others with "clique buddies" get instant help from other other buddies here.. Same issues, same problems, same questions.. I have or easier ones.. get their "buddies" help. Mine goes unanswered.. unless its same two guys. Jake or Chris.

Hence why i rarely post anything anymore.. or if I do, it's deleted by me or reported for deletion for staff. Only things I post in, is Off topic usually anymore. And even that stuff, I tend to delete too. I've had near 1,000 posts on here since joining here.. and deleted how many hundreds worth of my stuff on my own.. because of having to face a possible "drama / whip lashing" or whatever here. So that's why I'm always defensive or having low message counts here.. because I remove stuff. So no possible "paper trails" to be used against me. And hence my defensive / pissed off attitude around here, and constant mentioning of dropping XF and going with Burning Board.. where I had nothing but amazing and wonderful helpful responses. I didn't/don't feel like I'm walking into a battle zone/ drama zone / with my defenses on high alert mode. I don't feel like I have to have my browser window open 247, checking for "nasty/spite/drama" responses attacking me when I'm over there or when I'm in bed at night sleeping.

What I said is not an attack nor was it directed at you in that manner...also I was responding to James too if you noticed...

The whole point of my posts at first was to clarify for someone who came here reading that nothing about xenforo has anything to do with screen capturing and that is it. There is no problem...for some reason you think there is or that I am trying to make one....just chill....it is all good...there be no beef muhn.

As far as cliques, well...I have none...I be out here per dolo my dude. Just relax, I meant no harm nor was I putting you on the spot, the title of the thread was screen shots so I added my input to the topic as it fit. No more no less.

It's all good, no one is hating. You are looking at the response the wrong way. There was nothing wrong with the example you posted...I was just clarifying for those who didn't get that it is a standalone desktop application used to track things on your computer...and in no way connected to a website.

People are stressed out for the obvious reasons which don't need mention in yet another thread and all I can say is hopefully this will be over soon....I am pretty sure that unnamed reason is responsible for most of any of the occurrences of animosity around here....hopefully we all survive I guess.

Reactions: vVv
What I said is not an attack nor was it directed at you in that manner...also I was responding to James too if you noticed...

The whole point of my posts at first was to clarify for someone who came here reading that nothing about xenforo has anything to do with screen capturing and that is it. There is no problem...for some reason you think there is or that I am trying to make one....just chill....it is all good...there be no beef muhn.

Yeah, I knew who you were aiming it at lol. But nah man, I didn't think, feel, nor believe you were "attacking me" per se with first initial post, either. When I first read it, I figured why you responded the way you did lol. :) I guess it's more of the fact, that it/my thing was discussed about in-depth, constantly being quoted for further discussions about it, like I didn't know what I was talking about in general, like I'm mr idiot. (when I actually caught onto what you meant in beginning) lol.

I pointed it out myself, it was example of a logger (in general logger of screen copying).. and stated it's not what was needed / nor used in the OP's case.. but yet later.... "right but that is an exe, it is installed by the user...there is no way that even closely resembles what you are asking" .. to me, it appears/i felt.. i was being called "stupid" for what I provided, which was mere example, as I stated so.. and was mere "logging tool example", which I knew myself wouldn't be used in OP's case.. or even for forum software or whatever. Lol!

As far as cliques, well...I have none...I be out here per dolo my dude. Just relax, I meant no harm nor was I putting you on the spot, the title of the thread was screen shots so I added my input to the topic as it fit. No more no less.

It's all good, no one is hating. You are looking at the response the wrong way. There was nothing wrong with the example you posted...I was just clarifying for those who didn't get that it is a standalone desktop application used to track things on your computer...and in no way connected to a website.

Lol! I didn't think you had a "clique base" haha. I know, it's all good brah. :)

People are stressed out for the obvious reasons which don't need mention in yet another thread and all I can say is hopefully this will be over soon....I am pretty sure that unnamed reason is responsible for most of any of the occurrences of animosity around here....hopefully we all survive I guess.

Yeah, it's understandable to a degree. But I'm not stressing about XF's future, I'm stressing about normal issues, un-needed drama bullshyt, personal jabs at me, and the like. That's why I'm pissy, angry, defensive here.. It's a business support forum, not "dramaland", yet some idiots and dumb flucks make it their playground anyway. They do help their "clique buddies" instantly, amazing response times .. regarding same issues I have, or need help with.. in fact most my questions or problems are easier than their buddies issues.. they drop everything to help them instantly, whilst mine goes unanswered till Jake or Chris chimes in.

Of course, only time, USUALLY a "well known" member jumps into my thread, is stir up drama, take personal jab towards me (with sarcasm, debate me, hate what I wrote, stirring the drama pot)... and then, no help, only drama and tension and anger in general.. defense mode goes to full alert mode.. I don't like to post here anymore really.. I do support tickets in PC's. Or, I find answers myself, after in-depth google searches against "Xenforo.com/community". This place is suppose be friendly place, to get help.. and I've felt nothing but animosity, unwelcome feeling in general, in my direction since being here. Which is wrong.

No one ever "likes" what I write, even if it's nice and helpful, and useful. Yet others and their "buddies" write the dumbest shyt, get millions of "likes".. and orgasms over it. They get tons of "followers" , and then following others. Not me. Its just the whole ordeal in general.. that's unwelcoming. Which, it shouldn't be like that at all. Hence why i kept saying about joining as "female", posing as chick.. cause guys love the females, drop their wives at home (whilst they take care of their kids), to help a female here.. getting flirty with other married females here day in, day out, and visa versus.. sharing tons of "likes" together.. Get instant support no matter what, no matter the time of night or day. My stuff goes unanswered until Jake or Chris get on here.. It's bullshyt. "Why you so angry, why you so defensive, why you remove your stuff, why this, why that?" ... Well, the answer to them questions are in the nearest mirror, which is probably in the bathroom, go look in it. lol! :p

"Why you so angry, why you so defensive, why you remove your stuff, why this, why that?" ... Well, the answer to them questions are in the nearest mirror, which is probably in the bathroom, go look in it. lol! :p

I assume that is pointed at me, considering I am the one that asked why you removed your post. I will answer any question I know the answer to, if it is still open and not answered previously. If I don't know, usually I won't answer, I can't speak for anyone else obviously. I'm not a coder, not a styler, nothing. I get by with trial and error.

About the topic you referred to, there was more to it than me pointing out one sentence. And you actually agreed, or do I need to bring up the PM?

As for the drama, you bring a lot of it upon yourself. You take everything the wrong way, absolutely everything. As I simply said before, quit being so defensive.

Top Bottom