MG 2.1 Schema

dvduval

I have a photo gallery that's quite old and I want to convert it to xenforo. Would it be possible for me to take a look at the database schema for the media gallery, so I can discuss with a developer before I purchase? I just want to make sure it's going to work. Alternately could I have a refund if it turns out it's just not going to be easy to do?

Alternately could I have a refund if it turns out it's just not going to be easy to do?
Yes we can do that.

To be honest, you don't necessarily need to know a lot about the schema. Included in the add-on is a few existing importer classes. This is essentially a set of PHP scripts, each one representing an importer. You can create your own importer in this directory, and use the existing scripts as a reference. Our vBAlbums3.php script is probably the simplest example.

For the most part, it's just a case of querying for your existing data, and then passing it into our data handlers. Our data handlers take care of putting the data in the right place and the right format, and in some cases, automatically generating certain values that are required (like a random hash we generate for each media item/album).

You could write a custom script that doesn't use our internal bits, but that would likely be more difficult. You would need more familiarity with the software and schema and you would need to manually take care of things like creating attachment records for photos - again, our internal stuff does all this automatically - you just pass the path to the photo into our data handler and it sorts the rest.

But, again, if it doesn't work out and you can't get answers to the support you need by posting in our dev discussions forum here, then we'd be more than happy to grant a refund.

Top Bottom