[Scandal's] xF Glossary

[Scandal's] xF Glossary 1.0.0 Beta

No permission to download
Hi @bmw320 !
We're discussing on the conversations to solve the issue. ;)

Guys I can provide support for all xF2 versions for existing features, but I don't have free time to add new features. I don't have plans to make the addon paid, but I can add new features with a small fee as paid requests and then publish it here for anyone with credits to any contributor.

Petros

Hi @bmw320 !
We're discussing on the conversations to solve the issue. ;)

Guys I can provide support for all xF2 versions for existing features, but I don't have free time to add new features. I don't have plans to make the addon paid, but I can add new features with a small fee as paid requests and then publish it here for anyone with credits to any contributor.

Petros
Thanks for your reply.

Although I deleted and reinstalled 3-4 times the other day, the terms were not visible. Now I reinstalled it to show the error screen and the terms started to appear automatically. But there is an error log as below.

1635698761968.webp

Are you sure that you have approve the relative glossary terms?
1. Check your usergroup permissions also for Unregistered Users and for the usergroup you visit the site. There are general permissions and moderator permissions.
2. Be sure that the terms are not in approval queue on your yourdomain.com/index.php?approval-queue/ page.

For me it works as expected on v2.2.7. It seems to be an approval issue.

PS: The error could happened during the installation process / moments of a visitor, but if stills, let me know to investigate.

I would love a way to either split a glossary into two, or move terms between glossaries. There's a merge option, but not a way I'm aware of to do the opposite.

How can I fix the gray background when searching?

View attachment 262286

View attachment 262285
This is a style property @xf-paletteNeutral1.

Open template sc_glossary.less and find:
CSS:
.easy-autocomplete-container ul {
  background: none repeat scroll 0 0 @xf-paletteNeutral1;
  border-top: 1px dotted @xf-borderColorLight;
  display: none;
  margin-top: 0;
  padding-bottom: 0;
  padding-left: 0;
  position: relative;
  top: -1px;
}
Change @xf-paletteNeutral1 to something else.
Maybe on a next release I will have to choose another default color property to match more xF2 modified styles. :)

And how to remove the color change on the text of the term? When I place the cursor in the text area, this field turns gray.

Without cursor - White

2021-12-22 08.58.58.webp

Hovering cursor - gray

2021-12-22 08.58.21.webp

And how to remove the color change on the text of the term? When I place the cursor in the text area, this field turns gray.

Without cursor - White

View attachment 262291

Hovering cursor - gray

View attachment 262292
Maybe this is a behavior that appears also on your forum_list pages?
I mean, when you hover a forum / node, you can see that gray color?
Of course we can fix it if you don't like it. Just asking to understand the problem.

Of course we can fix it if you don't like it. Just asking to understand the problem.
Yes this behavior too. But when I hover my cursor over the text in the forum, it's not there. It is only present on the nodes. So I thought it was a problem with the plugin.

Hello Scandal. For some reason, when I go to advanced search, my custom fields are not there as search parameters. I have select "yes" for all permissions under XF Glossary and Glossary Moderator, is there something I'm missing?

The "Extra Fields" portion does not show up for me.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 3.13.04 PM.webp

Last edited:
Hello Scandal. For some reason, when I go to advanced search, my custom fields are not there as search parameters. I have select "yes" for all permissions under XF Glossary and Glossary Moderator, is there something I'm missing?

The "Extra Fields" portion does not show up for me.

View attachment 268345
I was messing around and found that it does not appear if there is only a single glossary. If I add another glossary, then the extra fields are present during search. @Scandal

I am trying to install this on a 2.2.9 and it says:

1655837001599.webp

Had this with no other addon so far... What can I do?

I am trying to install this on a 2.2.9 and it says:

View attachment 269968

Had this with no other addon so far... What can I do?
See below.
To clarify for anyone coming after, the issue is that the upload folder is two layers deep, so unzipping and rezipping the subfolder made it work for me.

I love this addon, and it's seeing some great use!
In addition to the typo mentioned above, a suggestion:
- Tweaking the font awesome icon on the list of words

I had a look, but in my copy there are no two layers....
ZIP: Scandals-xFGlossary-1.0.0 Beta
within: upload
within: js and src

etc.

Top Bottom