[Scandal's] xF Glossary

[Scandal's] xF Glossary 1.0.0 Beta

No permission to download
That actually worked... Which is strange since all addons have the upload folder inside the zip
Nervous Tea Time GIF by VH1

I have questions about features resp. feature suggestions:

1. Permission to post entries directly without approval (for specific user groups) - at the moment it seems even with glossary moderator permissions, I even have to approve my own entries.

2. Multiple alternative terms for an entry so that it is not necessary to make several entries with the same text

I have an issue importing a csv file. I prepared a CSV file as described in the instructions. It has 550 entries. I fixed a few issues after validating, but in the end I remain with this message without line numbers. Also I don't know what could make a term or value "invalid" so I don't know what to look for...

Please enter a valid Term text.
Please enter a valid Term.

Last edited:
It would be awesome if words added to a glossary where highlighted in a users thread posts and hotlinked back to the glossary, if that was your suggestion I think it would be exceptionally useful.
Was this ever added?

Also I don't know what could make a term or value "invalid" so I don't know what to look for...
I broke the import into 12 pieces with appr. 50 terms each. Now 2 have no errors, the other up to 6. When I saved one with 5 errors as UTF-8-BOM instead of UTF-8, it increased to 7, saving with UTF-8 again, back to 5.

There are many characters like ō ú or ñ - that is hard to change because that is how the Japanese or Pali terms are written.

Another test: saving as ISO 8859-1 - now the count in the full file is down from 25 to 5 errors.

Now trying to import the parts, that check ok, and on import the same file throws one of those errors again. It is practically impossible to import my data into the glossary.

Last edited:
It really feels kind of arbitrary, what makes those errors appear. I tried a different file, from a different source. Now no special Characters except German "umlauts" are used. Also the term text is not enclosed in "". 50 entries, 2 errors, or one, of those mean the same entry:

There are no empty lines etc.

When I enclosed the text (in the earlier files) in "", any ; inside would break the cell anyway. Those errors were given with line numbers and could be resolved easily. The "valid" stuff - really, I am out of ideas.... Not one term imported to far.

If there is a search in custom fields, like
search/?search=1&glossary_id=1&field[1]=AAA&field[2]=BBB&term=&text=

I have all posts with AAA or BBB content in my search results
That is, the OR condition

What should i change to fulfill the condition AND
I need condition AAA and BBB

Maybe i can change something in the addon code?

Top Bottom