say cheese..... cake

Think of it this way: A cheesecake is amazing. Many cheesecakes are better. Therefore, if I had a wife who made me cheesecake more than once, I would cherish her above the cheesecake itself. Because cheesecake supply!

analogy for this thread

52.webp

With my hubby, if it came down to me or a cheesecake... I am not entirely sure I would win - lol

Think of it this way: A cheesecake is amazing. Many cheesecakes are better. Therefore, if I had a wife who made me cheesecake more than once, I would cherish her above the cheesecake itself. Because cheesecake supply!

analogy for this thread

View attachment 69170

Just laughing out loud for minutes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Nice to see you back @Kim (y)

Came across a recipe for goat cheese cheesecake earlier this week. Anyone here ever hear of it or make it?

Can't say that I have, sounds interesting, my concern would be that goats cheese has a stronger flavour than cream cheese, it might be a little intense.

I would give it a try though! Let us know if you do :)

Can't say that I have, sounds interesting, my concern would be that goats cheese has a stronger flavour than cream cheese, it might be a little intense.

I would give it a try though! Let us know if you do :)
I've had a lemon, honey and basil goat cheese cheesecake that was pretty good.

That recipe looks great, I am going to try it, I love the idea of the basil though, hmmm thanks for the link David <3
The only basil one I could find is a savory one.

If you want to add basil, I'd make it a paste and mix with the honey so that it'll distribute evenly into the cheesecake and give a bit of color.

Goats cheese cheesecake :D

Served with basil syrup, baby basil, fresh fig and blueberries.

It was very nice OSS 117 - although rich! I even used a fair bit of cottage cheese to temper the goats cheese intensity, and it was still very rich, but delicious!

goatscheesecake5.webp

Bloody hell, that serving looks professional.

And I'm supposed to be on a diet. Stop it.

I'd hope it would look reasonably professional given I am now a pastry chef ;) :p Plating is one of the areas I really do need more training and experience of however, but I am learning all the time :)

The actual cheesecake is not that bad being half cottage cheese and with nuts as the base.... overall it's a reasonably healthy dessert if there could be such a thing :p

Nice. Actually when I had made that post I wasn't thinking quite clearly. I forgot I'd bought blueberry chevre late last year with a vanilla enhanced goat cheese. It had none of the typical flavor goat cheese had, though I wasn't a big fan as I enjoy the flavor.

As far as cream cheese goes, Philidelphia is fine or a single one or two. At American stores here, you can get them in 48 oz blocks which is just under 1.4 kg, I think. My issue with Philidelphia is that it's got a pronounced tang even with sweetener or flavors, it practically ruins a good chocolate cheesecake. Instead I prefer to get a brand other than them. A restaurant supply chain here in California sells their own blocks of cream cheese, which I believe is made by the same company that makes it for Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. 5-10 lb blocks, cheaper than Philidelphia but not by much in price to weight. Less tang, more buttery/rich and denser. I'll cut it with ricotta or marscapone if a lighter cheesecake is needed. Cream cheese is just useful for baking or cooking with.

Though there's some cheesecakes I won't make or eat again. Raspberry white chocolate with chocolate or plain crusts come to mind. It's just ****ing disgusting. Not a huge fan of cream either on cheesecake. Would much prefer a layer of lush mousse on top of the cake. It's more calorie dense, but lightens the cake up more than heavy whipped cream would.

Mother's day next Sunday, so gotta order a cheesecake...mmmm nom nom
Cookie Dough Collision!
A cookie lover’s dream dessert, our Cookie Dough Collision Cheesecake will make a unique birthday cake or gift, or an impressive and indulgent end to a dinner party. Our creamy vanilla cheesecake is filled with huge clumps of our secret recipe chocolate chip cookie dough and topped with crunchy chocolate chip cookies. Indulge the cookie monster within and enjoy this truly scrumptious cheesecake as soon as tomorrow thanks to our super quick next day delivery

1185287_608764615865923_1442770672_n.webp

Top Bottom