same ip address problem for some users

jeetkune

I'm facing a problem that I don't know exactly what is causing this problem that is causing me to blame a lot of people unfairly.

Several people who don't even know each other on the same ip address seem to be using the same ip address on the forum. When I click on the more users button, it shows up.

Let me tell you before you ask. I do not use Cloudflare
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ip-address-bug-more-users-issue.203472/ I also tested what is described here and the problem persists.

I asked users to google and send me screenshots of their ip addresses. The ip addresses are correct. Xenforo shows ip addresses correctly but sometimes it seems to add some users together as if they are using the same ip address.

In the admin panel, in the seo optimizations section, an option to ananomize ip addresses for google analystic is active. Could this option cause this?

Looking into the more users function... it checks the array of recent IPs. Have they perhaps unknowingly accessed your forum from a common VPN, or the same community location such as a mall, school, or coffee shop?

Source: XF 2.2.12 - src/XF/Repository/Ip.php : public function getSharedIpUsers($userId, $logDays)

Last edited:
Looking into the more users function... it checks the array of recent IPs. Have they perhaps unknowingly accessed your forum from a common VPN, or the same community location such as a mall, school, or coffee shop?

Source: XF 2.2.12 - src/XF/Repository/Ip.php : public function getSharedIpUsers($userId, $logDays)
a user is female in africa. We are meeting live via webcam. It seems that a male user in America is logging in from this lady's ip address. neither of them know each other. Many users like this have this problem.

Check your admin control panel sharedIpsCheckLimit admin.php?options/groups/spam/#sharedIpsCheckLimit. See if setting it to 1 day IP history changes the result of the "shared ip users result" and clears this problem. You may want to review this option and set it to a reasonable number.

Check your admin control panel sharedIpsCheckLimit admin.php?options/groups/spam/#sharedIpsCheckLimit. See if setting it to 1 day IP history changes the result of the "shared ip users result" and clears this problem. You may want to review this option and set it to a reasonable number.
i did. İ waiting return

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107-113711.webp
    Screenshot_20230107-113711.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 15
the result did not change. I hope the developers take this into consideration and check again.

You are using a reverse proxy (ddos-guard.net), right?

Triple check the configuration, you most likely have a config issue somewhere (maybe just for IPv6 connections?).

Btw: If possible I'd try to use FPM instead of CGI (which is really sloow) and HTTP/2 to the origin (instead of HTTP/1.1)

Top Bottom