1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Same forum.. different sections?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by The Forum Heroes, Aug 16, 2014.

1. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

How can you put the same forum in different sections. I searched but didn't see an add-on. I saw that Digital Point does this with several forums.

For example..

Category Search Engines has a forum called Pay Per Click Advertising with a sub forum Google AdWords which uses https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/google-adwords.35/

Then he has another category, Business and Marketing has the forum called Pay Per Click Advertising with a sub forum Google AdWords which uses https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/google-adwords.35/

How do you make different categories use the same forum?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I don't see that forum under the search engines category.
    I only see it under business and marketing.

upload_2014-8-16_20-30-27.png

3. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Maybe it is just a Link Forum node type?
    Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 2.31.53 PM.png

4. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

I can see what you mean, and I'm not sure it's a "Link Forum" because it pulls last post and message / discussion count data too.

5. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

@Brogan Sorry it's Google in the search engine one.. Then the sub forum Google AdWords

@Dan No it's not the link forum as Google uses the same ID in both sections forum ID #5 and Adsense words uses #35 in both and both sections have last post info, which a forum link would not have.

6. x3sphere

x3sphere Active Member

He wrote a custom plugin to do this. I remember him mentioning it awhile back, don't believe he ever released it though.

7. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

8. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

This back from the dead is the best I ever seen :p Nice addon !