1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sale and Transfer of XF License

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by gnatster, Sep 21, 2010.

1. gnatster

gnatster Member

Searched first and found nothing so here goes.

In the event XenForo is found not to suit my needs (yes it could happen) will it be possible to sell and transfer the license?

What are the guidelines in doing so? I.E. How long do I need to wait after the initial purchase.

I would not expect this to be an option during the beta period.

2. Floris

Floris Guest

Maybe a bit too early to speculate :) Lets release it first.

Doctor and Peggy like this.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The specifics have not been worked out yet.

I could just say assume that transferred aren't allowed and be pleasantly surprised if they are? :cool: (I'm not saying that's how it will be, just a joke)

Peggy likes this.
  4. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I wont wish to transfer my license. If XF turns out not to be for me, then I'll just wait a few months until it is :)

Nix likes this.
  5. Booth

Booth Well-Known Member

Erm, sell it to me? Cheap :D

6. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Well-Known Member

There are reasons for wanting to transfer a licence other than just to sell it. Perhaps charging an administration fee might be an option. It is a facility I'd like to see if possible.

7. Lojo

Lojo Active Member

If a member wants to sell their license, they should be allowed to. This way the license at least holds some value.

8. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

You kind off need to sell the license if you sell the site... I agree with an admin fee for it to be done.